Glock Talk banner

Glock 41 MOS

3399 Views 23 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  TX OMFS
Interested in hearing peoples thougts about it, who own one. Just a plinking gun for me. Have a chance to pick it up fairly cheap $425ish. Almost sounds like a no brainer, and almost had my heart set on a Glock 20 Gen4.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
2,632 Posts
Can I make a suggestion? Since you are also contemplating a Gen 4 20?

Go with a Gen 4 21. The 21 would make for a better platform to convert to 10mm than would the 41. You could probably convert a 41 to 10mm, but I would be wary of doing that on account of the 41's lighter slide.

If you are going to convert a 21 to 10mm, apart from needing a new barrel, you should also go with a heavier RSA. The 21 slide is a little lighter than a 20's. I would go with a 20# RSA to start with and see how it functions. You'll also need G20 mags.

You may also need a G20 extractor. Some people who have done this conversion report having absolutely no issues with the 21 extractor, others have found it necessary to either modify the 21 extractor or change it over to a 20 extractor when shooting 10mm. Before doing anything, I would leave the extractor alone to see how it functioned.

Good luck, and have fun with whatever you choose!

· Banned
2,632 Posts
If staying with .45ACP, do you think there may be a difference in the hottest loads they can handle, 41 vs 21?
As far as 45 loads go, even including +p's, I doubt you would see an appreciable difference in wear between the 21 and 41. I've owned both. When shot back to back I think the 41 is just a tad snappier. If you plan to feed it a steady diet of +p's, the 21 would make for somewhat more comfortable shooting. I seriously doubt you would wear the 41 out, though.

Honestly, you can't go wrong either way. Hope that helps.

· Banned
2,632 Posts
Good to know.

I'm just in the planning stages of the next gun, and a Glock .45ACP is high on the list. One duty would be hunting loads :)
I would also add that if you're thinking about possibly converting to 45 Super, definitely go with the 21. Let us know what you get!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.