Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Glock 40 gen 4 that I got when I was living in Montana for bear defense. I live in Kansas now, so I really don't need that anymore. I don't have any other pistols that I can conceal, and I'd like the option to switch back to the 6" setup for hunting trips back to Montana or Wyoming.

From what I can tell, all I need is the slide and barrel from the 20. I can find barrels, but it's impossible to find a slide for a 20 anywhere. I'd also like to keep this swap relatively inexpensive.

Ps. I'm new here, and shoot a lot of rifles, but not much for handguns, so please be kind haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Glock 40 gen 4 that I got when I was living in Montana for bear defense. I live in Kansas now, so I really don't need that anymore. I don't have any other pistols that I can conceal, and I'd like the option to switch back to the 6" setup for hunting trips back to Montana or Wyoming.

From what I can tell, all I need is the slide and barrel from the 20. I can find barrels, but it's impossible to find a slide for a 20 anywhere. I'd also like to keep this swap relatively inexpensive.

Ps. I'm new here, and shoot a lot of rifles, but not much for handguns, so please be kind haha.
I have a glock 20c slide and a factory glock oem 20 barell never fired. I bought to build a new project, but never went thru with project.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a glock 20c slide and a factory glock oem 20 barell never fired. I bought to build a new project, but never went thru with project.

I can send pictures tomorrow if interested

·
Registered
435 Posts
The G40 will accept the G20 slide and barrel. In fact you could do a G21 slide and barrel with the appropriate mag. If you don't mind the length of the slide, you could do a 40 S&W conversion. AND yes it is possible to shoot 40 S&W out of the 10mm barrel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The G40 will accept the G20 slide and barrel. In fact you could do a G21 slide and barrel with the appropriate mag. If you don't mind the length of the slide, you could do a 40 S&W conversion. AND yes it is possible to shoot 40 S&W out of the 10mm barrel.
Do you need a conversion barrel to shoot 40 out of the G20?

·
Registered
435 Posts
A conversion barrel is not needed to shoot 40 S&W out of a 10mm barrel, BUT if I were to shoot quantities of 40, I would get the conversion. Headspacing on the case mouth is more comforting than having the extractor do the work. Note: I do use a dedicated 40 S&W if I feel the need to shoot it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts