Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that these are actually available, any holsters that are being found made specifically for this model? I have a Galco FED paddle for a G20 that I may use some, cause it is open ended. I ordered a chest holster from Diamond D, but they don't even have a gun to use as a pattern yet.

· The Old Bull
208 Posts
We received one of those in our shop the other day. It's a monster! Next day someone scooped it up. Can't wait until he comes back and we can get it down on the range! Dang I want to shoot it!

· Registered
835 Posts
I've talked to Comp Tac and Blade Tech and neither one is making one for the G40 yet OR fessing up to which (if any) existing holsters will fit.

I have 1 from each company and the Comp Tac will hold a 34 and 22 - the Blade tech is for a 41. Gotta look at the real dims - maybe I don't have a problem. Both holsters are open nosed. .

· Transform & Win
3,351 Posts
Hmmm - why wouldn't the open ended Blade Tech for the 41 work?
The width of the slide on the G41 45ACP is 1.003" but the G40 10mm slide is 1.126" (± 0.002" for both). The G40 has the same slide width as the G20/21/29/30. Besides the 1/8" difference in slide width, holster makers must provide enough clearance at the top of the holster for a RDS mounted on the G40 MOS and in the sight channel for suppressor height BUIS.

· Registered
835 Posts
I like Kydex and am willing to make safe adjustments to accommodate the sight.
I had not put the slide measurements together yet. Thanks for that.
Maybe I'll be making my own, until the industry catches up at least. Supplies ARE available locally...

· Registered
835 Posts
Were you referring to Serpas in your post #5 or are you talking about GPutt33's comment and a G41??

Serpa's ARE on a lot of store shelves and I can test before I buy. I'm okay with passive retention but the cost of a Serpa to get the gun on my hip as aa starting point is not bad.

I have one that I bought for a G22 a good long while ago...

· Registered
7 Posts
Most of my Glock 17 holster work with my Glock 41, other than the barrel being longer on the 41. I have a 511 Blade tech for my Glock 26 which fits my 17 and if I open it up a little fits my 41. So I would say if you have a Glock 17 size holster give it a try it will probably work.

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Guides Choice will be an awesome woods/hunting rig for the G40. At the time of announcement, Glock made an agreement with DiamondD about building the first holster for it, and apparently they sent a plastic form. However, once the guns actually came out, Glock decided to go with full width slides like on the 20/21, so that meant a new holster design. They told me that Glock should be sending an actual gun within the next month. At that point, they are going to modify it with suppressor height sights, and also account for any optic used in the MOS system.

What I'm wondering is- The guns at SHOT show were built very early this year, and probably have the same narrowed frame like the 41. But those were all no doubt just show samples, and Glock got those back, before redesigning it. That does explain the extra wait time though. It wasn't just the fault of the G42 and 43 coming out.

· Registered
70 Posts
The Guides Choice will be an awesome woods/hunting rig for the G40. At the time of announcement, Glock made an agreement with DiamondD about building the first holster for it, and apparently they sent a plastic form. However, once the guns actually came out, Glock decided to go with full width slides like on the 20/21, so that meant a new holster design. They told me that Glock should be sending an actual gun within the next month. At that point, they are going to modify it with suppressor height sights, and also account for any optic used in the MOS system.

What I'm wondering is- The guns at SHOT show were built very early this year, and probably have the same narrowed frame like the 41. But those were all no doubt just show samples, and Glock got those back, before redesigning it. That does explain the extra wait time though. It wasn't just the fault of the G42 and 43 coming out.
I ordered my Guides choice when the shot show was still happening to get a jump on the holster. Good thing they did not start making them until they actually get the released gun.

I still have not got either one.

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The sales manager said once they get the actual gun and modify it, they will start filling orders on the list. It didn't sound like they had a huge backorder list at that time, but that will probably change very soon

· Registered
835 Posts
Got to look into AAA.
Seeing lots of reports (supported by measurements) that a Comp Tac or Blade Tech G 20 or 41 holster fit the G40 just fine.

Yes!?0

· Registered
62 Posts
Now that these are actually available, any holsters that are being found made specifically for this model? I have a Galco FED paddle for a G20 that I may use some, cause it is open ended. I ordered a chest holster from Diamond D, but they don't even have a gun to use as a pattern yet.
I have a new Kydex holster for the G40 MOS for sale. I added suppressor sights and now it doesn't fit. If anyone is interested, they can contact me. If you have suppressor sights, it won't fit. If not, you'd be good to go.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.