Glock Talk banner

Glock 40 MOS and the Burris Fastfire II

14284 30
Picked up my 40 MOS and ordered the Fastfire II ( Champagne taste, Beer budget). Number one, do not use the torx allen wrench in the Glock plate mount kit. Real easy to strip the mounting plate screws. Number 2, my 40 came with adaptor set number 02. Plate #5 appears to fit the Burris however, the mounting screws provided by Burris are too big. I have used the star (?) washers provided by Burris and the cover plate screws provided by Glock ( they are the same height and fit the mounting plate. Will they be strong enough to stand up to the recoil?) Number 3, once the sight was mounted I find that the Glock adjustable rear sight blocks the Burris retical locking screws at the back of the Burris... rear sight needs to go! But now mounting suppressor sights that co-witness may not be an option???
Anyone else mounting a Burris on their 40 MOS? Suggestions? Thank you.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Glockalfeliac
1,127 Posts
I picked up my G40 yesterday and will be investigating optics options shortly, tagging for interest. I already have a Burris FF III that I removed from another pistol, so I will probably end up trying to mount it.

· Glockalfeliac
1,127 Posts

· Registered
2,045 Posts
The trijicon rmr appears to sit lower than the Burris. It should work fine.
Correct. I've got both. And the Tijicon RMR (I have the 06) base thickness is less than the Burris FF III. Different gun than the OP, an M&P Pro Core, but I can line up front and rear sights and fully cowitness the full rear sight dots with the RMR in place. With the Burris FF III it would have been only a partial cowitness.

· Glockalfeliac
1,127 Posts
I was unsatisfied with the lens coloration on the Trijicon RMR that I purchased, so I sent it back and mounted my Burris FFIII instead. I am still looking for sights to cowitness with it.

· Registered
15,399 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Just mounted a Vortex Venom on my new G40. Screws that came with the Vortex were wrong size for the #5 plate. Used the additional 2 plate screws instead that came with the Glock plates but they need to be a little bit longer.

Anyone suggest what size front sight to use now to co-witness?

· Glockalfeliac
1,127 Posts
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/fiber-optic-sights.aspx#.VhEtAxiFND8

There are probably others but One Source has an excellent, easy to use website with lots of pictures. Makes it easy to find what you want.
I got a set of the all black MOS Suarez sights delivered yesterday, they look to be a perfect cowitness height for my Burris FFIII. The bottom of the rear notch looks like it will be a hair above the top of the optic body. The package lists additional part numbers for this sight with tritium insert in the front or front/rear, but neither model is on their web site. I would prefer a single insert on the front sight, but in this case I will likely just stick with the all black of what I have in hand. I am in AZ, so I ordered the sights Tuesday and had them regular USPS mail Thursday. I might get them installed this weekend.

· Registered
3,617 Posts
Having trouble on my 40 mos w/ FF2. Elevation way too hig, does not appear to respond to adjustments. Lock screws not set, neither height nor elevation bottomed or topped out, stock plastic sights. Suggestions?

· Registered
3,617 Posts
Contacted burris, they seem pretty busy. Offered that a shim is currently offered by a company whose name I don't recall, have looked and not found what seems reasonable. I got the elevation working, but by the time the sight was raised enough to get on target, the rear was raised several millimeters off the slide, which does not lead to a useful sight picture, or faith in the sight's ability to maintain zero. I used a sighting laser to estimate being on target. Might just have to use a different sight altogether, though I'd prefer to use the FF2.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi. I bit the bullet and bought a trijicon RMR 1 moa adjustable. It's the perfect hunting set up. I am shooting sub 5 inch groups at 50 yds from a bench. So far it prefers 185 xtp with AA#9 . I love it. The RMR will also co-witness. I will do more tests after I install a 3.5 trigger.

· Registered
13 Posts
For the Burris FastFire 3 on my G40 I tried Dawson but they were not tall enough. Apparently the RMR sits lower. All I could find were Ameriglo. I ordered GST-407 for the front, which is .407 inches tall, and GLT-507 for the rear. I have some pictures I can email if you want to see them. When I had my holster made I specified that it would have a red dot and tall sights. I ordered it from Simply Rugged Holsters and it fits like a glove.

http://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-steel-thin-serrated-fronts?variant=7556138689
http://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-tall-steel-rears?variant=7554840257

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.