Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Are there an new, stout, rifle/carbine conversion kits for the Glock 40 10mm? I like the versatility of the concept. I can’t afford several hunting guns, I lost a lot of my retirement funds due to the mishandling of the virus and this should help a lot.
Thanks
ErnieKim

·
NRA Life Member
5,389 Posts
Sure - Aftermarket or Glock .357Sig, or Aftermarket 9mm.

They work great, a fraction of the new pistol cost, and doesn't steal "Safe Space" like another pistol would.

I used caliber specific magazines for the conversion barrels and they function flawlessly.

I'm a LoneWolf or StormLake kinda guy, and accuracy is more than acceptable.

Have fun shopping!

:waving:

·
19,026 Posts
Sorry, I’m talking about a rifle conversion
There's the Mech-tech conversion which costs $379 for the basic conversion unit and then it's more for different stocks and rails. the cheapest set-up is $404 for a fixed M4 types stock with a rail for an optical sight and then you have to buy an optical sight separately.

I've thought of getting one for my G20 but I don't like M4 style stocks and would prefer teh wire-type collapsible stock and I'd also like a full rail with flip-up sights but that adds up to about $600 bucks.

https://mechtechsys.com/cart#!/Fixed-Stock-CCU-with-Standard-Rail/p/141204601/category=35607768

·
NRA Life Member
5,389 Posts
Early Morning reply... should have know better... I see that now!

I'll be lurking.. definitely an interest on my radar!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Check out a CCA MCK . I don't know if they make one for your pistol but I have one that fits most Glocks such as the full size and compacs .
The MCK is just an updated Micro Roni conversion kit . Prices can run from $175 - a little over $200.
I paid $175 for mine from Optics Planet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check out a CCA MCK . I don't know if they make one for your pistol but I have one that fits most Glocks such as the full size and compacs .
The MCK is just an updated Micro Roni conversion kit . Prices can run from $175 - a little over $200.
I paid $175 for mine from Optics Planet
Wow, that is a good value. Thanks for the input. Does the “micro” aspect make it harder to license? For hunting I would be fine with a larger frame. I need to research laws. I’m in FL so it may be easier here.

·
Registered
10,650 Posts
Hi,
Are there an new, stout, rifle/carbine conversion kits for the Glock 40 10mm? I like the versatility of the concept. I can’t afford several hunting guns, I lost a lot of my retirement funds due to the mishandling of the virus and this should help a lot.
Thanks
ErnieKim
If you only care about sharing ammo, not magazines, you could pick up a Hi Point 1095TS. Cheap and reliable.

Or just wait. Ruger might release a PC Carbine in 10mm soon.

Don't sell your stocks. They will come back if you hold onto them.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have the MechTech in 9mm G17. Works great and very accurate.

If I had a Glock 10mm and wanted a carbine, I would get the MechTech. Not cheap but worth it IMHO. The full length rail and the telescoping stock would be my choice.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I might consider the Mech Tech glock .45 model, use 185 Gr HPs and fit with a 2 MOA red dot. the 10mm and .45 only have standard glock 15 round magazines but there are 30 round after market HIgh cap magazines and Drums

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you only care about sharing ammo, not magazines, you could pick up a Hi Point 1095TS. Cheap and reliable.

Or just wait. Ruger might release a PC Carbine in 10mm soon.

Don't sell your stocks. They will come back if you hold onto them.
That does look nice. My son was thinking about a Larger caliber AR. I’ll mention it to him too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts