Glock Talk banner

Glock .40 / 357 Sig barrel swap

30921 61
Anyone have a guess as to what percent of Glock .40 caliber owners have 357 Sig conversion barrels?
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Sinistram delenda est
508 Posts
I've made it...I'm finally a 1%er. I have .357 Sig & 9mm barrels for my g23. Love them both.

· Federal Member
30,574 Posts
I do.

I use a Glock 24 Lone Wolf .357 barrel for my G35. (Works in my G22 also)

I can fire 9mm, .40 and .357 Sig from one pistol. Love it.

:thumbsup:

· Registered
934 Posts
I bought a 357 Sig barrel for my G22 back in 95 or 96 from Brownells. It has no markings on it, no caliber, no manufacturer, nothing. Anyone have any idea who manufactured these barrels for Brownell's? Also have a Lone Wolf 40 to 9mm. I really like the 357 Sig, I just wish I could afford to shoot it more. I don't want to load a bottle neck cartridge.

· Registered
934 Posts
Thanks for the info. You are right about them being good barrels as mine has been in the bottom of my range bag the last 20 years and I don't every recall having cleaned or oiled it. Just looked at it and it is in like new condition. I have a problem with paying $30,00 for a box of range fodder.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
I eventually want to have .40 conversion barrels for my 32 as well as purchase a G35 with a 357 conversion bbl as well as a 27 with a 357 conversion.

· Registered
8,916 Posts
Reloading the .357SIG is no more work than a 9mm or 40S&W. Once fired brass is plentiful and cheap, and you can get by without trimming for 2-3 loads. I recently bought once fired, processed and trimmed, all Speer headstamp, 1,500 cases for like $85. My load is a Montana Gold 125 JHP of top of 8.0 grains of BE-86 at 1.140". Yea, its hot, like loading a rifle, the powder goes all the way to the neck

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
Reloading the .357SIG is no more work than a 9mm or 40S&W. Once fired brass is plentiful and cheap, and you can get by without trimming for 2-3 loads. I recently bought once fired, processed and trimmed, all Speer headstamp, 1,500 cases for like $85. My load is a Montana Gold 125 JHP of top of 8.0 grains of BE-86 at 1.140". Yea, its hot, like loading a rifle, the powder goes all the way to the neck
????. Didn't know were discussing reloading, I thought were talking about swapping barrels.

· Registered
8,916 Posts
if you swap a .357SIG for a 40S&W, or vice versas, you don't need to change ejectors or extractors, or magazines, they are the same, there are some generation differences, but 40 and 357 mags will run in either.

· Registered
9,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if you swap a .357SIG for a 40S&W, or vice versas, you don't need to change ejectors or extractors, or magazines, they are the same, there are some generation differences, but 40 and 357 mags will run in either.
With the gen 3 Glock all you need is a barrel change, with the gen 4 there are a couple parts that need changed. This is why I will never own a gen 4 !

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.