close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock .40 22C

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Howzit, Nov 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Howzit

Howzit

Hello all,

I just joined and this is my first post. I scoured several threads to see if my question was answered - I didn't see any specific answer.

I just purchased my first Glock. I have a little experience in pistols, but revolvers only. I will be attending an extended Police Academy in January under open enrollment (no agency affiliation at this point). We are required to purchase our own equipment and figured I would get a head start. They indicated the Glock .40 22 model is a standard Law Enforcement service weapon and I went ahead and purchased the compensated version. I have heard nothing but great reviews and feedback on this forum.

My question relates to cleaning it. The instructions and owners manual do not discuss the use of oil or lubrication, but I have been hearing and reading that there are three sections on the slide that require it. Right now there is a copper/oil residue on a few sections - but I need to know specifically where to put the lubrication and how much. I understand the copper residue is for periods of lengthy time between cleaning, but I imagine I will clean it frequently (policy and my own obsessive personality).

If any one has a suggestion or at least a link or two to share, I would be most grateful. I look forward to become very active on this Forum.

2. Darkker

Darkker

You Should oil it, at any point of friction. I put some gun oil, or Kroil on a cleaning patch and swipe the rail in the slide. The the corisponding metal guides for the slide at the back and front of the frame. Then where the firing pin rubs to be cocked. As a habit I also put a dash around the end of the barrel, where the slide touches it.

3. Dockem

Dockem Gun Poor

Consider getting one of the Glock reference books. Great info about Glocks, maintenance, takedown of them. Helped me a lot.
    Enjoy your Glock.

4. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Good advice!

5. Howzit

Howzit

Thanks for the input folks. I will certainly do that. I guess I should have asked for more information or reference materials when I bought it. I will scour the books store this afternoon for books and/or magazines. We just had a Barnes & Nobel open up in our town.

6. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Don't expect too much from B&N. You'll be better off shopping for those books on the Internet.