Glock 40 10mm issues

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bama rolls, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Bama rolls

Bama rolls

1. Bama rolls
      I almost don't want to post as I have researched this issue all over to find a solution but just never found anything to satisfy me. I have a 10mm model
      40 that I can't point of impact to be where I am aiming. I've tried different types of ammo and different grains of bullets that all hits target mostly left, some lower than others but all left. Some background about myself 50 yr old reloaded very seasoned at shooting/hunting outdoors activity. Owner of several long guns and pistols that hit where I aim. I own another Glock in 40 caliber that shoots like a dream. No issues regarding point of impact. I've never shot reloaded ammo in glock model 40. I have even put it On a rest and it still hits left. I hate pistols that a person has to move sights all the way right to move point of impact to center. This gun groups good but is always 6 inches off at 17 yards. I've put a laser on it and practiced trigger pull so flinch is not an issue. I'm at a loss and believe it's in the gun somewhere. Anyone got any other ideas?

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Drift the rear sight.

4949shooter likes this.

3. Bama rolls

Bama rolls

I could but like I stated I don't like guns that have to have the sights adjusted all the way right to hit the mark in the center. I don't mind moving it a little for small corrections but this would need to be moved as far right as it would go

4. Danny Reid

Danny Reid

Bama, have you had anyone else shoot it to see if it happens with them, too? Just trying to eliminate as many factors as possible. Are the groups you are getting 6" to the left at 17yds tight groups?

Bazza56 and 4949shooter like this.
  5. 4949shooter

4949shooter

+1 at having someone else shoot it, preferably an experienced Glock shooter.

6. Bama rolls

Bama rolls

Yes the gun groups very well. I have not let anyone else shoot it but I do have that planned soon

7. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

texas 48, Birdman18 and Pepiot like this.
  8. Bama rolls

Bama rolls

i
    the 10mm frame is big to begin with which makes it almost impossible to add something like an aftermarket grip to it. Since it's a full size no need to put an extension on it. My hands are medium size so I don't have any extra room to change grip size. I may have to change my grip pressure. I've already tried more and less trigger finger and it made no difference.

9. TGT

TGT

I'd be surprised if somebody can tell you how to do something inside the pistol that causes it to shoot the other direction. If it drifting the rear sight is not acceptable to you, then perhaps you're at an impasse and the only solution is to replace the gun. I'd bet you that drifting the back sight is all Glock would offer to do for you.

I'm going to check this thread periodically to see if somebody has a simple techinical cure. I'd like to hear it myself. Good Luck!

Toby196 likes this.
  10. Bama rolls

Bama rolls

thanks TGT

11. Nick B

Nick B

Maybe this will help . A guy on the Beretta forum a few weeks back was having the same problem with his new Wilson Combat Beretta . It was shooting way left . He swapped in a barrel from his other Beretta 92 and the gun shot right to point of aim . So the factory put a new barrel in it and it now shoots fine .
    Do you know anyone else that has a G40 that you can swap barrels to see what happens ? Worth a try .

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    pizza_pablo, TGT and nraman like this.
  12. Bruce M

Bruce M

I would probably let someone else shoot it before I spent any money on it. At least then you may have a better whether or not there is an issue with the gun.

nikolaz and 4949shooter like this.
  13. Bama rolls

Bama rolls

This week end my brother and I plan to get together and I'll let him shoot it. He has the exact same gun I have so maybe we can figure it out. Thanks

Bruce M likes this.
  14. Bama rolls

Bama rolls

I installed one of the extra backstraps that came with it. That should tell me if it's a grip issue. That will make me change how I hold it. I don't like the extra grip but hey if you don't change something you should not expect a different result

15. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Could be a grip issue I agree. I have problems switching back and forth between Glocks and 1911's sometimes. The different grip changes my POI.

16. Bruce M

Bruce M

If he brings his too, it would seem you could each shoot each gun which could be close to a perfect test.

17. Bama rolls

Bama rolls

It will be this weekend so I'll let y'all know afterward. Thanks everybody

Breadman03 and Bruce M like this.
  18. Danny Reid

Danny Reid

Honestly, I am baffled. All I can figure is, assuming you are right handed, maybe you are gripping too tight with your support hand and pulling shots to the left. But these situations are damned difficult to diagnose. Glocks aren't known for stellar accuracy, but I've never heard of one consistently throwing left of center shots. I know it's got to be frustrating. Keep us posted!

19. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

If you decide to try drifting the rear sight, try about .080" to the right for the rear. That should pull you POI 6" to the right at 17 yds. Also make sure your front sight is secure and straight.

Good luck.

Toby196 and Patrick Sperry like this.
  20. Bama rolls

Bama rolls

I will but it may be this weekend. Thanks for you comments