Glock 39 Heads Up

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by SWIMMER, Apr 25, 2012.

1. SWIMMER

SWIMMER

Bud's Gun Shop in Lexington KY has Model 39's for $518 (free shipping) to your local FFL. Ordered one yesterday. Tom

2. Deye76

Deye76

39's are like GAP ammo, a few minutes of search on the net, found. :thumbsup:

3. levallois

levallois

Now that i've bought one there is the one in kentucky, several elsewhere in gun shops, one on gunbroker and another on auction arms now called Gunauction. Ain't that always the way?

4. parados

parados

What's the deal with the hard-to-find G39? I've been keeping my eye on them lately. Only one or two show up on gunbroker at a time. There seems to be enough demand, why aren't there more pistols floating around...Glock still makes them right? Or is it BECAUSE there is demand that we have a hard time finding them? The few that are made get bought up.

5. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

$441.00 with a GSSF coupon!:supergrin:

6. Camu Mahubah

Camu Mahubah 9=Fine

Seems like a nice alternative to the other baby Glocks. Prolly would be excellent for the carry rotation those days when you feel like carrying a .45.

How is the accuracy? I don't carry but I still enjoy shooting the lil guns...I really miss my G26.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

All three models are amazingly accurate, more accurate than my 9mm Glocks.

8. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

I agree, I have all 3 and while the G 37 is more comfortable in my hand, I shoot my G 39 very well due to the shorter sight radius. It is easier to see the front sight through my trifocals. :dunno:Go figure.

An another accuracy note, when S&W tested their 45 Governor" (Their answer to the Taurus Judge series) The most accurate round was the 45 GAP.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  9. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Thanks for the heads-up. I had this one and a SIG P229 in my cart, and ended up going with the GAP shooter instead.

I was contemplating putting in an order directly with Glock for the Armorer/LE pricing, but there's really no telling how long that would take. At least I know that the purchase from Bud's will be at the LE shop in about a week or so.

I'm testing out some new GAP loads with Longshot and Blue Dot (because I'll also be loading up some .40 and 10mm rounds...) and will post the results after the testing. I normally run Power Pistol for the GAP loads, but I'm curious to know how these new loads will go.

These will be tested from my G37, and whichever load works best is what I'll test out with the new G39.