close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 38 under the tree!!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Psycosidal, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Psycosidal

Psycosidal GAP nuff said

Theres a Glock 38 G.A.P. under my x-mas tree for sure. I shooke it smelt it and every thing. Now, what is the best ammo for target and practice? Will post pic the 25th. If its not the 38 someones in trouble.
    Thanks;)

2. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

:hugs: You're gonna love it!

I shoot my own reloads for practice, but I'd suggest ordering up some of Mike McNetts Double Tap stuff for serious duty (and FUN practice!).....Mike knows how to load 'em....

Merry Christmas, I had to buy my own!

(ps...I have a like new CTAC specific to the G38 if'n you need one! Received my Kramer #3 today, I like it just a leeeeeetle bit better....pm if interested)

3. gary newport

gary newport

I'll second Matt's recommendation on reloading practice ammo for your G38; reloading brings the cost way down. For factory practice ammo, I recommend WWB 230 grain hardball--and save the empty brass for when you DO start reloading!

I prefer defensive ammo produced by The Big Four and my choice in .45 GAP is Federal HST 230 grain hollowpoint, available on the web from Streicher's Police Equipment in proper fifty-round boxes at a great price (compared to buying ammo in those little twenty-round boutique boxes at the corner gunstore).

I think you'll enjoy that "toy" under the tree; I sure like the heck out of mine!

4. gary newport

gary newport

Incidentally, I got a Kramer #3 (horsehide) for my G38 a few weeks ago. I've yet to find an IWB I'd call comfortable, but the #3 is less UNcomfortable than others I've tried! I really prefer Kydex, but I've pretty much given up on that material for IWB holsters. I might even try a Kramer OWB holster!

5. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

:poke:I do have to admit to being an idiotic opposer to the .45GAP since it's inception.

Always thought it was just a waste of time, without even attempting an evaluation. Perhaps I was also idiotic buying this G38 a few weeks ago, as now I've gone hook/line/sinker for it. Damn.

I hate you Gaston! Now there's two more calling my name.......

6. Psycosidal

Psycosidal GAP nuff said

Thanks for the info guys. I want to stard reloading I was thinking a Lee to start and see if I like it and how much time it takes. Then move up to the blue machines I've herd so much about.
    Thanks again and MERRY CHRISTMAS