close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 38 size question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sullygoarmy, Apr 4, 2007.

1. sullygoarmy

sullygoarmy Glockaholic

OK Bulldawgers,
    I've heard from quite a few people that the dimensions of the G38 are identical to that of the G19/23. There are others, however, that dispute this. For those that own both (or all three), can you please confirm the sizing of a G38. I own both a G19 and G23. I'm thinking about replacing my 23 with a 38 but do not want to do the whole new holster dance again.

Based on size comparisons, they seem to be indentical in size. Just looking for some owner confirmation on that.

I'm personally excited about the GAP round and look forward to joining your ranks! Thanks!

2. Otto von Glock

Otto von Glock

just my 2¢

The grip size is the same. It has the same "feel". But the slide is wider; it is a .45 caliber. Hey, the holster dance is worth it on the G38.

3. gary newport

gary newport

The G38 is identical to the other compact Glocks IN PROFILE (length, height) and grip size, but has a wider slide. However, the slide of the G38 (and the other GAP Glocks) is no wider than the frame--and the frame is the same width as on a G19, etc.

It is the wider slide which will cause problems with many holsters made specifically for the G19, etc. You may have to get a different holster or yours may work. Holsters made specifically for the G38 can be had from Ready Tactical, Kramer, Comp-Tac and numerous other makers.

4. sullygoarmy

sullygoarmy Glockaholic

Thanks for the info guys. I'm headed downtown next week so I should be able to check'em out in person!:banana: