close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 38 Gap Tell Me Something about it

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by corbon1, Oct 26, 2006.

1. corbon1

corbon1

What do you think about the new Gap 45? How accurate is it? how much recoil compared to the .45 ACP? I like the idea of a .45 round(.451)in a G-19 size grip. Do any of you CCW carry the Gap 45? I know the slide is a little wider than the G-19.

Thanks !

Glock-ON

2. gary newport

gary newport

I find .45 GAP to be at least as accurate as .45 ACP out of my Glocks. Recoil with comparable loads in similar-sized guns (G21 and G37 for example, both shooting loads from the same manufacturer with the same bullet weight) to be about the same.

The G38's slide is a little thicker than the slide on a G19 -- but is no thicker than the frame of a G19. I don't see how the slight increase in thickness would make a nickle's worth of difference in concealability.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

First of all the slide is no wider than that on a G20/G21/G29/30, and folks have been concealing them for years. I carried a G30 concealed for 8 years before switching to a G38. My G38 is the most accurate Glock I've owned. I carry my G37 and G38 in theier respective Blade-Tech OWB holsters, straight drop w/speed cut. My next holster will be a Blade-Tech IWB, FBI cant w/straps for the G38.

4. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

My G-38 is very accurate- It won the 45 portion of a bullseye shoot this spring @ MCFG- outfitted with a Carver Mount and a Propoint5.
    Recoil is very subjective to the ammo you use- I carry Ranger's in mine-794fps/230gr- I consider it's recoil in between a 9mm and a 40.
    But, I handloaded some stuff up to around 900fps and the recoil was STIFF- but that's also a stiff load in a 1911 with a 18.5# recoil spring...It can also be loaded down to the point you can darn near watch the slide cycle.
    I carry mine, before that I carried a G-19- I really don't notice a difference in the slide width.

5. Slvr Surfr

Slvr Surfr

My G38 is very accurate. Id say one the most accurate of all my glocks. Ive carried it in a IWB holster and just found the wider slide to make it slightly uncomfortable to wear. In all fairness Ive only tried one holster so dont judge the concealability on that.

6. iholla

iholla

For my first Glock, Im considering the G38. Matter of fact its my first ever pistol

7. GRR

GRR

My G38 is my carry gun.

8. shuwtist

shuwtist NRA Benefactor

My G38 has replaced my 19 for carry. I use my G19 holster, which is a Milt Sparks SS II. I had to wet it and force the 38 in a few times and let it dry and it works perfect. The 38 will not fit in my kydex holsters. I love it and do not think it recoils any more then 9mm +ps. It has a snappy recoil and is very easy to keep on target. 37 and 39 are next.