Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been searching high and low to get some clarity but there seems to be no video anywhere...

GLOCK 38 45GAP - BARREL CONVERSION

Is there a conversion barrel that’ll take my 45GAP to 9mm? Is there an option for threaded barrels?

I would like to change to a more cost friendly ammunition.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That’s really pushing things, 45 to 9. You will find 40 to 9m conversions all day long as the 40 breach face is closer to 9m. There is a huge difference between a 45 cal breach face and a 9m. I don’t know about 9mm magazines in a 45 gap, if it is a full sized frame that’s likely a no go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s really pushing things, 45 to 9. You will find 40 to 9m conversions all day long as the 40 breach face is closer to 9m. There is a huge difference between a 45 cal breach face and a 9m. I don’t know about 9mm magazines in a 45 gap, if it is a full sized frame that’s likely a no go.
so what about 45GAP to .40 S&W?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a big fan of the Gap line and follow them pretty close
I have never seen any conversion barrels for any Gap model
I did see a ATI .40 S&W conversion barrel but I don’t know how reliable that brand is to be honest. It’s the only option I’ve seen.

If it turns out to be a quality conversion barrel I think I’d swap it for the .40 and use G22/23 Mag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What’s your opinion on the ATI .40 S&W conversion barrel for 45GAP?

·
914 Posts
I did see a ATI .40 S&W conversion barrel but I don’t know how reliable that brand is to be honest. It’s the only option I’ve seen.

If it turns out to be a quality conversion barrel I think I’d swap it for the .40 and use G22/23 Mag.
Looks pretty cool, I haven't seen one before ,extractor might come into play
On the ammo side 45 gap can be found at reasonable prices but it takes some searching , I recently bought 1000 rds. of Speer GD JHP 200 for $250 /.25 per round, but it does take some digging around.
Good luck and let us know how it works if you try one out

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
No, theres no conversion. But if you bought a complete G19 slide assembly along with a magazine, and switched out the extractor, your frame would work.
The proper extractor would have come with the G19 slide assembly.

The G38 frame uses Trigger Mechanism Housing/Ejector part 8203 to engage the wide 45GAP cartridge case head. TMH/E part 322 is required on the frame to properly engage the narrower 9x19mm cartridge case head.

The G38 frame uses Slide Stop Lever and Spring part 1034 to engage the wide G38 slide. SSL&S part 2919 is required on the frame to properly engage the narrower G19 slide.

Reactions: buster55
1 - 10 of 10 Posts