Glock 38 and XD Tactical 45GAP

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by utccop, Jun 17, 2005.

1. utccop

utccop

I've had the Glock 38 a couple of weeks now and bought the XD Tactical 45GAP yesterday. I WISHED I HAD SAVED MY MONEY ON THE XD OR BOUGHT ANOTHER GLOCK ALTHOUGH THE GLOCK COST MORE. I only paid $445. for the new XD but kick my self in the butt a million times after leaving the range today. Accuracy was no where near the Glock and the XD does have better sights but the trigger sucks.

2. Rotnguns

Rotnguns

Sorry to hear about your XD experience, UTC. I've found both my XD Tacticals (one in 9 mm, the other 45 gap) to be very accurate. What kind of groups are you getting from a rest?

3. utccop

utccop

-------So far as accuracy goes I got a 2" group (sandbag rest) with the Glock but the smallest with the XD was over 3&1/2". I used several brands of ammo plus numerous different reloads with different powders. I must say the trigger on the Glock has been worked on and is around 3lbs. The XD hasn't had anything done so far as trigger work and is heavier by about 2 to 3 lbs more than the Glock. That could be a factor.

4. Rotnguns

Rotnguns

UTC,

I've found that the trigger pull varies quite a bit between XD's. My two tacticals are fine but the trigger pull on my XD-9 service is too heavy for my taste ( I wish I could transplant the trigger from my G34 to the XD-9 service - what a great gun the G34 is!). Since the XD-9 is my carry gun I'll probably leave it alone. I wonder if a call to Springfield would help? Sounds like you're quite an accomplished shooter and that 3.5" is probably the best that can be obtained from your tactical in its current condition.

Good luck!

Rotnguns

5. theanswriz42

theanswriz42

That could be a HUGE factor. You're comparing a modified pistol to a completely bone stock one and expecting the same results? Check out http://www.canyon-creek.com/xd.htm if you want to do a trigger job and what not.

Also, the familiarity with your glock could have something to do with your accuracy as well since the feel of the two pistols differ greatly.

Cheers