close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 37

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jeff DeWeese, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Jeff DeWeese

Jeff DeWeese

I am looking for advice. This is my 1st glock, I have approx 150 rounds thru it, I have an intermitent problem of when the slide is back & I insert a fresh mag it goes into battery all by itself.

2. Glock2336

Glock2336 Senor Member

That is completely normal and actually aids in speed of reloads... Usually it only happens when I slam my mag in and not when inserted slowly

3. Adam Thiel

Adam Thiel

Yea, it's normal. My friend's G21 was doing that all the time. He was concerned about it and called Glockmeister, who said it was normal. My friend has realized that it happens to him more when he has the barrel facing toward the sky (I think that's what he said, anyway ;c )

4. Jeff DeWeese

Jeff DeWeese

Thank you for your response gentlemen.I do slam my mags home. I wasen't paying attention to the orientation of the pistol,"ie" barrel pointed up or parallel to the ground. Even though its not as accurate as my kimber gold match, Its a lot more fun to shoot. Now I want to get a 9mm. I think Im hooked!

5. Discolube

Discolube

Wow - was just about to post and ask about this very phenomenon. I recently purchased a 37 and after about 500 rounds, the slide began to go forward when a magazine was inserted with some force. I also have experience random brass ejection straight back from the weapon. I have experienced this holding the weapon multiple ways, with several kinds of ammo, and when fired by other people (including a lefty). I asked my dealer about this and he felt the weapon should be returned. I received my new 37 today. It is already exhibiting this characteristic (slide forward when magazine inserted) without even being fired. I have searched this forum and found other mention with a few responses saying not to worry about it. I understand that the weapon can't fire when the slide chambers a round unless the trigger is pulled but still find this a little worrisome. Can anyone explain why this occurs? Is it only the 37 and the 21 that this happens with? Does anyone know if this is a sign of some problem that needs to be addressed? The 37 so far seems to be excellent pistol. Just a little worried about it doing something that the manual does not address and with the random ejection problem....
    Thanks,
    Mike

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It is common to all Glocks when a magazine is slammed in.

7. Glock2336

Glock2336 Senor Member

My old USP did the same thing and it wasn't stated in it's manual either