close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 37

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pcollins, Feb 15, 2003.

1. pcollins

pcollins

I just got back from the Shot Show in Orlando and saw the G37. Its a real nice slim line 10 rnd 45. When I first picked it up, I thought I had the G17 then looked at the muzzle and thought oh its the G22, until I looked at the slide with the 37 stamped on the side of the slide. They should be available in 60-90 days.

2. HiCap1

HiCap1

I take it that this is a full size, slim .45? It must be the same width as the 36, and the same weight as the 30. If so, this could ne the ultimate Big Dawg, thin, enough grip for those with big hands, and a barrel longer so as to allow expansion.

HiCap1

3. SIGlock

SIGlock Millennium Member

It will chamber the new .45Glock caliber....something like a ".45short". Why on earth Gaston wants to do something like that? I wish it was just the standard .45

Been waiting for the G37.....but now I don't know if I want to fool around with a new, not proven, hard to find .45 cartridge.

4. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

45acp--big, slow moving bullet that will hit you like a Mac truck.
    45Glock--big, slower moving bullet that will hit you like bakery truck.
    The FBI did this with the 10mm and we got the 40 Slow&Weak.
    To intentionally down load a bullet in todays bigger and faster market does not make sense. Is Glaston going to punch it up to 45acp velocity, or faster. Mass X Speed = energy. Watch ya got Glaston? A big marketing goose egg or the Next 357sig?? (Whoops, I mean .357***)

;d ;d ;d

5. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

I am without opinion on this so far.

What's another caliber to worry about, anyway? If this turns out to strike the sweet spot for women who want a slug that won't shrink while 9mm still may expand, it could become a good gift for romantic occasions in the future.

6. pcollins

pcollins

Its the standard 45 as far as I know. I took the gun apart while talking to several of the Glock people there. We talked about the 36 and the 37 and they didn't mention anything other than 45. He said it shot real nice. I really liked the feel. The 21 and 30 I had were a little too big for my hand but this one fit perfect.

7. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Glad my G-21 fits my hands so well, in fact, the G-17 and 22 are just about too small!

8. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

I don't own a 45 yet but does anyone have a pic of the Glock37

9. pcollins

pcollins

I keep kicking myself for not bringing my camera to the show. I also saw the new Beretta 9MM and 45 Cal carbines. Those were real nice as well.

10. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

There are some pics in Gen. Glocking...but just picture a G-22 with a bigger hole at the end!;f

11. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

A Beretta .45 carbine, now that's something I'd be interested in! .45 acp right!

12. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

To bad the VP had to get on 60min and talk smack about supporting Ballistic fingerprinting....I have to give Glock the middle finger to print untill they get rid of this clown and change their tune. So long Gaston! Hello XD.

13. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Jay,

Do you really think your comments are appropriate for a family board? Is that the way you talk around your dinner table?

14. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

I don't see a problem with it, no foul language was used and It's worst aound the dinner table.

15. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

Seeings how much I love Glock I was well restrained in my language when it comes to this idiot or idiots running Glock. Sucking up to the Government is no way to treat your loyal customer base!

16. smoney

smoney Top Guns Mod. Lifetime Member Millennium Member

The Glock 37 is a 45 Glock, its a "mini" 45. i see no use for it, will not own one, and in fact feel pretty sick about the creation. Hopefully and as far as I'm concerned, its not a "big dog" its just another sick creation that will hopefully fail quickly.

As for the ballistic finger printing sigs and HK's keep looking better all the time.

17. Bannack

Bannack

Well I for one can't wait for them to come out so I can get one. AS far as ballistic printing goes, get a grip it's here to stay and sooner or later ALL gun makers will comply.

I just wonder if the new G-37 mags will fit a G-36 to extend it's shooting pleasure.

If you commit no crimes you should have no worry about a ballistic printing.

18. Nukem

Nukem

It's the principle of the issue...government thinks if you own one its only a matter of time until you do commit a crime!:(

19. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

All Gun makers may eventually have to comply but they don't have to have an orgasms about it like Mr Glock VP and his minions!:(
    How many more rights are you willing to give up just because your not a criminal.

20. Bannack

Bannack

Nukem I for one look at it much differantly.

When we have ballistic printing ahead of the game, we now can match better the type of weapon used from the striker print on the shell casing left at the scene with the bullet recoverd hence knowing what kind of weapon was used in the crime. Hey, be lucky that they don't micro chip all handguns to know exactly where they are at any given point. The only good this would do is if your gun gets stolen and you can then call it in and with the aid of some sensor recover your gun or guns and the POS that stole them.

I look at it as a better way to catch those that would use their guns differantly than the law abiding gun owner.

I know that there is a lot of arguement about this, but I for one don't find this a problem for me.

JMHO

And jgladieux can you explain how ballistic printing errodes gun rights... the fact is that it don't.