Glock Talk banner

Glock 37 GAP, Should I?

789 views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  zoyter2 
#1 ·
Yes, I admit it.... I was a GAP basher..... But, after researching, I am intrigued...

The .45acp round (not gun) is just not a real favorite of mine.. the .40sw is my favorite.

I would be getting rid of the G30SF and probably going with the G37, I do not need it to be a carry, and I like the large frames.

Yes, or No?

My current lineup G17c, G22, G30SF...

See less See more
#3 ·
...The .45acp round...is just not a real favorite of mine.. the .40sw is my favorite...I would be getting rid of the G30SF and probably going with the G37, I do not need it to be a carry, and I like the large frames.

Yes, or No?

My current lineup G17c, G22, G30SF...
Yes, but only if the reason you want to switch to .45GAP is to get .45ACP ballistics in a frame the size of your g17c or G22; otherwise, there's no meaningful difference between the two.

#4 ·
Yes, but only if the reason you want to switch to .45GAP is to get .45ACP ballistics in a frame the size of your g17c or G22; otherwise, there's no meaningful difference between the two.
I got a 38, not for the ballistics. I got one for the uniqueness of the weapon.

The meaningful difference to me is owning the first round designed just for the Glock.

Tamp,

I schitt you, not. 45gap is nothing like a 45acp. The only likeness is the "45" in the name. After that, they are different worlds.

The 45gap has a "smooth push" on recoil. Loud and deep report. My 38 is by far the sweetest shooting Glock I have owned.

IMHO, 38spc bangs, 357mag explodes, 9mm pops, 40 snaps, 44mag go's the hell off, 45acp slams, and the 45gap just glides.

230grain really *slap* the the target.

Ammoman has the cheapest ammo. Some chinamarts are starting to carry it. Extra mags are the same price as the 17's. www.ombexpress.com has the 10rd 37's for $18.

I like my 38 so much, she's the one Glock I'm willing to send off for some NP3.

#5 ·
<<-- G37 is my hands-down favorite Glock.

Not for everybody.
Love mine.

<-- also likes OD Glocks.
On the list.

#7 ·
...The meaningful difference to me is owning the first round designed just for the Glock...
Fair enough.

...45gap is nothing like a 45acp. The only likeness is the "45" in the name....
That, the size of the hole it makes, and the ballistics. I also found the felt recoil very similar, but clearly folks' "mileage" can, and very much does, vary. Yours and mine sure did. :dunno:

#8 ·
I like mine shoots very well just hurts the wallet when I pull the trigger :crying:

#10 ·
Keep the G30, and add a used G37 for $325 later....

(Unless the G30 is simply too wide for your hand)

Ballistically, the GAP is fully the equal of the classic .45 ACP round; in fact, a few of the Speer loadings are closer to .45 ACP ballistics.

The GAP round accomplishes it's goal of putting .45 ACP-like ballistics into a G17 sized frame quite well......

#15 ·
Well I like my G37 but Really like my G21/30 sf. But in your case Id go G37.

#16 ·
My G37 is great, fun to shoot and easy to reload but I would not trade off a G30SF. Save up for the G37, there are plenty around. Right now I can't decide between a G38 and a G39. A G29 is my daily gun.
Chris

#18 ·
I too was/am a GAP basher, (old habits die hard), but I decided to buy one just so I could rebut the comments of Gary Newport who is one of the greatest fans of the round.

Much to my surprise, the feel and performance of the round really felt nice. I had planned to play with it and sell it to someone, but instead, when I do carry a GLOCK, it is far more often than not the GAP.

I think that if I really liked GLOCK handguns that the combination of the GAP and the GLOCK would be my favorite model.

Damn I had to eat a lot of posts on account of Gary, but I ended up with what is probably the LAST GLOCK that I will let go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.