close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 37 frame compatibility

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Artley, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Artley

Artley

I thought that I read in another thread there was some concern over mating frame to different calibers.

I was cleaning my 37 and 35 last night and was looking at similiarities vs. dissimiliarities. Boils down to only the locking block is more heavier duty, but the dimensions appear to be equal from an eyeball point of view.
    So, put the 35 slide on the 37 frame and 37 slide on the 35 frame. perfect matchup.... dried fired both, no problems.

Next step would be to try live fire on the 37 frame with the .40 caliber slide. Other than ejecter, any reason that this should not work? What am I missing here?

I can easily see that the GAP locking block is heavier duty, but this may a a plus. I don't think that I would necessarily want to try the GAP slide on a normal .40 frame, but I wonder just the same how it would hold up. etc.

2. G37 Commando

G37 Commando

That's a good question. Does anyone have an answer?

3. Sherlock Glock

Sherlock Glock Lifetime Member

I have had my G37 for over a year now. The first week I took my slide off my G17 and G37 and switched them. Everything worked great.
    The main reason is that the ejectors on each frame will work on both 45acp and 9mm. I have not tried to put a g22 slide on my G37 frame yet. I am still waiting for the Compact 45 GAP ( G38) and the 45 GAP practical.
    Also heard this last week, at the Glock Armorers School, that Remington will be making the 45 Gap in many new bullet weights maybe as low as 160gr. These will be moving fast.^3
    Ain't This Country Great ;? ;? ;? ;? ;?

4. deltaopwong

deltaopwong L.E. Member

The trigger bar on the G37 is different in the rear compared to the G22/35.