close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 37 failure

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by booker_10, Oct 11, 2004.

1. booker_10

booker_10

Has anyone had problems with the 37? I bought a new one with 4 mags and 500 rds of ammo. I have yet to run a full box of ammo through it without a stoppage. The gun sometimes locks open with a full or partially full mag. On other occasions, the slide usually has stopped on a partially loaded round that is attempting to feed. All the expended cases look perfect and I've inspected everything twice. I'm somewhat at a loss because I've shot it with all the mags and it produced several feeding/magazine problems. Has anyone had any problems with Speer Lawman ammo, and did I read something right after the guns came out about an upgrade mag follower?

Thanks,
    JD

2. ctarrou

ctarrou

I have had my G37 for just over a year. I have shot only factory ammo through it up to this point, (about 5000 rounds.) When I 1st got the pistol, I was having problems with the it not locking back on occasion after the magazine was empty. Once I replace the original mags that came with it, those problems went away. The original mags had undersized followers that wiggled from side to side causing the problems. I have had 1 fail to feed on the 1st day and one fail to eject. Every since, no problems.

Lately the only 2 glocks that come with me to the range are my G17 and G37. Both are my favorites out the 10+ I have on hand.

;Y

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=257508

This is the thread in this forum concerning some of the problems caused by the early mags.

I have had my G37 since Dec. 03 and have shot 2000 Speer Lawman 200gr and about 6000 of my personal reloads and have never had a problem like you have mentioned.

4. Guest

Are you accidently bumping the slide release with your thumb?? Had a guy Sunday shooting a G23 with an extended slide release, and he was accidently holding it dow, and the slide wouldn't lock open on an empty mag.

When I had my 37, I accidently knocked the release up a couple times myself ;P

5. rex007

rex007

I've put about 600 rounds of all types of ammo and have never had problems of any kind,that being siad before I bought the G37 with my other pistols I would sometimes get FTF maybe at times I was limp wristing the pistol,I don't know??good look

6. booker_10

booker_10

I may possibly be bumping the slide release, but this hasn't been an issue on my other guns. Out of several glocks this is the only one that fails to run ALL the time. Prior to the 37, I shot my 21 almost exclusively and it has an extended slide release. It does have a larger frame as well. I suppose the smaller frame could allow me to hit it on this gun. I am going to try to check the followers when I get home. Are they marked in any way? I can't get the pictures to open from the old post here at work.

Thanks,
    JD

7. booker_10

booker_10

I checked the mags and found that 3 out of the 4 do have the old followers. Thanks for the pictures and the old posts. My armorer's manual does not cover the 37 (and I have not received an update yet). In one of the old posts, I noted that the last round in someone's gun would not feed. I'm off to the range to check the gun next after a call to Glock reference the mags.

Thanks,

JD

8. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

me too!

9. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

I, too, had stoppages caused by the slide locking back prematurely with my G37. Switching from the original magazines to the newer ones with the "stepped" followers solved the problem.

Now I have to call Glock to get some new followers for my defective mags...

10. booker_10

booker_10

I spoke with a rep at Glock in Smyrna and they have new mags on the way.

JD

11. booker_10

booker_10

I took the gun and new mags to the range. 100 rounds fired with perfect results. Thanks Bull Dawg Club for your information and help.

JD

12. aglocker1911

aglocker1911 can't re-MEMBER

The mags are the only problem with the G37. But an important point
    was brought up in the post about lack of info in an armourers manual.
    How are we supposed to get the GAP the respect it deserves when Glock
    won't even help support it? No mention of the 37 or the GAP caliber
    in the owners manual that comes with the gun. And of course the
    Glock website (which we all know is treated as an afterthought by
    Glock) can't even get any info about the G37 loaded a full year
    after it's introduction. Come on Glock. We are all pushing for
    the GAP to be a big success, how about pitching in?