close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Doug in Ak, May 29, 2004.

1. Doug in Ak

Doug in Ak

I am the winning bidder on GunBrocker for a Glock 36. I've recently heard that Glock had some problems with feeding (magazines?) in the early model 36 guns. Anything I should be aware of? I've been a 1911 fanatic for years but my wife owns a G27 and we have been very happy with it. I like the size, weight, and feel of the G36, just hope the performance is good also.
    Thanks

2. Rich

Rich

If you like the 1911, you're gonna love the G36. I've had mine for two years now and only had problems when I limp-wristed. Other than that, the size, the weight, the recoil, are all done extremely well here.

Let us know what you think - and have fun!:)

3. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you bid on a lemon. I'll take it off your hands for, and I'm generous, for $120. Just tell me where to send the money and lets get it over with.

;f ;f ;f

I love mine and you'll love yours. Congrats! Limp-wristing was the reason for the early problems I had with mine. Since then, it is reliable and a darling. Would not part with it for anything.

4. Doug in Ak

Doug in Ak

Thanks for the response guys!! I figured it was a good weapon!

Doug

5. vafish

vafish

Doug,

About 2 years ago my wife decided to do some shooting. She took a class and liked the G19, so I bought her one. At the time I was carrying a 1911 most of the time. In the back of my mind I thought it would be good if she knew how to use my carry gun, but she didn't care for the 1911. I took a look at the G36 and thought I could live with it. I did some horse trading and ended up with a brand new G36 for myself. I've been carrying it for a year and a half and couldn't be happier. I shoot the same gun in USPSA/IPSC matches occasionaly, it functions perfectly and I only occasionaly wish it held more rounds (but I do get a lot of practice with my reloads).

Enjoy your G36.

6. Suzy Cooke

Suzy Cooke Big Dawgs 1894

Some G36s have a problem with feeding and extraction. This tends to be ammo specific.

It isn't a case of Glock wristing and the folks in Smyrna are aware of it. It seems certain extractors in combination with certain bearings are suspected as being at the root of this problem. This is from a tech there.

At some point fixes will be found and shared with the certified Glock armorers.

Until then if it hangs up try a different ammo. Mine likes CCI Blazer aluminum case or brass but hangs just about every magazine with Winchester white box. This is one of those YMMV issues with it being different ammo for different people.

Suzy

7. Doug in Ak

Doug in Ak

Thanks for taking time to respond! I appreciate your opinions.

8. mudfootball

mudfootball

my grandmother had to have a 36 in there first year, Yes i said grandmother. She has since passed and i seem to be the only one in the family who likes to shoot the thing. She also had a 23 and i prefer the 36 over it any day. I find it more accurate and to me the recoil is more comfortable. 25 yds i can shoot clay pigeons with it! Thought about one for myself just seems to be a little big to conceal on me. Oh the only prob i ever had was on occasion it doesnt lock with the slide back after the gun is empty. Cant find a cure for that.
    kt

9. vafish

vafish

A G36 too big to conceal? ;5

The only way I could see a problem concealing a G36 is if you wear spandex all the time.

If you shoot it that well, learn to dress around the gun. It's not that difficult. Buy your shirts and pants one size larger, get a decent IWB holster and you're set. If you're work place is casual go for one of the "Tuckable" models.

10. mudfootball

mudfootball

vafish
    i suppose your'e right, but lets leave my spandex out of this (jk) when i compare it to a 27 its a bit larger, thats all. Just not sure how comfortable things would be. But i am now inspired to take my grandfathers and see how it feels on the hip.
    kt

11. vafish

vafish

You could still wear your spandex under your normal clothes ;)

The G36 really is about the same size as a G19. But the G19 is still pretty easy to hide.

Not that the G27 is a bad choice, but if you shoot the G36 real well (better than the G27) I think you'd be better off with it.

12. Doug in Ak

Doug in Ak

I'm going to pick up the G36 today and try to get over to the range to test fire it this afternoon. I'll let you guys know what I think of her.

13. Doug in Ak

Doug in Ak

I like it. Fun gun to shoot and very easy to conceal!!

14. PAKrazee

PAKrazee

I love my G36, I've put well over 1500 rounds through it and NEVER a malfunction of any kind. It eats anything I feed it.

15. Fast351

Fast351 Dodge This!

Excellent ;f

Is that while they're flying through the air? Most impressive! As a side note, we did try to shoot trap one time with a little .22 semi. Four of us emptied many mags at flying orange discs at no more than 20 yards. Only one of us managed to hit one once (no it wasn't me).

Watch where your right hand thumb is resting. I have the same problem with my Glock 27. Used to think it was a gun problem, until someone mentioned my thumb was catching the slide lock, and sure enough, slide dropped on an empty mag, looked, and my thumb was resting on the lock.

Could be a mechanical problem of course, but I and many others have this problem. One of the negatives of owning a subcompact. Your hands tend to slide up on the grip, forcing your thumb into the location where this will happen.

-Mike