Glock 36 ??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Girevik61, Feb 6, 2010.

1. glockrock36

glockrock36

I went ahead and sent it in and then looked online and saw all of this info about similar problems. I saw that glock had some sort of recall or something so I went and looked but can't find my box. I bought it new in dec 08 and can answer this when I get the gun back. I'm not worried but I am wondering why so many jam.

2. j-glock22

j-glock22

I owned a 2nd hand G36 for a couple years, never a problem with it, it was a smooth shooter for a compact .45

3. Adionik

Adionik

I'm super interested in this gun. Does anyone have a picture or perhaps a size comparison to a subcompact Glock? I like my G26 but if this thing is a LOT thinner...damn.

4. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

its not that small,a buddy of mine has one and yesterday we sat them over each other and guess what they are identical in every way,the big shoe thing on the mag makes it the same size,for all the problems,just compromise and get a 23,the 36 imo is a redheaded step child,no assesories made for it.

5. dreis454

dreis454

good thing it means NOTHING:yawn:

6. Adionik

Adionik

Well that kind of sucks...:dunno:

I think i'll take 10x 9mm over 6x .45

Hopefully Glock will make another slim pistol :tongueout:

7. glockrock36

glockrock36

I found my box! Serial number is LFR ***. looks like it was made in june of 2007.

The size is nearly identical to the 19 in my opinion. I am not a huge fan of 9mm for carry, and 40 is just no fun to shoot in a glock imo, so it was between the 30 and 36. I kind of wish Id gone with the 30, but the night I bought it I held both multiple times and the 36 felt so much better. Im used to 1911 so I thought this would be a dream. I have a feeling all will be well and it wil be right after coming back from the factory and maybe glock will surprise me with some extras to make up for the jamfest they put me through. :)

8. Chowser

Chowser

gonna test fire a 36 this sunday, will take pics next to my 32 for size comparison. if you can wait that long, or someone will beat me to it. will compare it to someone's 27 or 33 as well.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  9. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I bought a G36 about a year ago. I fired 300 rounds through it(NO Malfunctions) Then I sold it to a friend who wanted a Glock. I regretted selling it, so last night I went and traded my new Glock 26 for my old G36 back. I love my G36 and should have never got rid of it. I will be putting another 100 rounds through it this weekend.

10. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

sorry for your problems,the 36 is the same size as the 19-23 i just laid them atop of each other,i hope they fix it,but from what im hearing they will just send it back and say (it pefprms to factory specs)thats what they told the guy that sued them over this model and he won-just look up (glock 36 problems )as the keywords on the internet,before he took them to small claims court he had his gun to ga 2 times the third time they had it for 6 mths,look it up,i dont know why glock calls it a sub,its the same size as the compact,ithink for the same size as the 19-23,ill go for the more mag cap of the 40,but some people have the big ego of wanting the biggest round they can carry,there isnt much diff in a 40 than a 45-plus the 30 is wayyy to fat and the 30sf is just that (still fat):rofl:

11. glockrock36

glockrock36

I didnt mean to drum up an ammo conversation, thats for the magazines and people with too much time, but I do appreciate your thoughts. If anyone has shot a lot, they will know what the best ammo/gun choice is.

Do you still have the link to information about the the guy who sued Glock? I believe the real winners in any lawsuit are the lawyers, and have no interest in lawsuits, but I am interested in how Glock customer service handled his issue.

Q: How many lawyers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    A: How much money you got?

BTW I have my S&W Model 66 in the hand safe next to my bed. It doesn't jam and has damn little chance of ever doing so. Its a stainless work of art. :)

12. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Just checked and mine is an 04 (and no issues with well over 1,500 rounds or so.)

13. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

there wer none it was small claims court the guy lives up north and he had to go to ga for the case,i have to put a w/s in now,as soon as im done ill get that for you,i think it was an early 36

14. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

http://g36mf.blogspot.com/ i think this is it,there is a you tube video too,a few of my buds have 36s they dont have any probs maybe it was the early ones,although somone said theres was new in 09 and its back at glock now,so i dont know,i just wished they would build a 19-23 sized acp but thats imposible due to the doublestack design of it,oh well if i want to carry a 19-23 sized 45 just for ccw ill prob get the g38 prob the most tuffest looking well proportioned glock of them all,it just looks tuff,andgo ahead and shoot your 19-23s ammo is cheap but really how often do you or can afford to shoot acp any way,just buy a couple hundred rds of gap range and 20 gold dots and your gold-jeff

15. tuica

tuica

Widths: G36 - 28.5mm, "Smaller cals." - 30mm, Large 45's & 10mm's - 32.5mm...Hope this helps.

16. glockrock36

glockrock36

Oh Jebus. I just looked at the link you provided to the blogspot. I watched the video. I have the same malfunction occuring. the shell is not fully extracted and gets jammed by the next round coming up and the slide. Both stock mags do it. You have to drop them magazine. I took digital pictures of this happening on three occasions (out of 75 rounds) and sent them along to glock. It seems like its just an extractor length/engagement issue???

I have a lot of faith in Glocks design. Its funny but here I am with a gun that like many others, jams, but I am still trying to pick out my next glock. Their awesome in general and I have faith that this gun will be fixed or better yet, replaced, so I can carry a 36 again. The moto on the box says Glock perfection and I have faith in the basic design so its probably just a manufacturing mistake.

17. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

i hope so too,i too wanted one,but it is a one off design by glock,maybe they will get it worked out-jeff