Glock 36 ??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Girevik61, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

The G36 is my favorite Glock, even ahead of my G19.
    Having owned some other compact .45s such as the Colt Officers Model, I think the 36 recoils less than them. I reckon I've got about 1,000 rounds thru mine and it's never had any problems whatsoever *knock on wood*.
    It's my chief carry gun, previously in a Don Hume JIT beltslide, now in a new Crossbreed Supertuck (just got it and am really impressed!).
    Granted, I don't put more than 100 rounds thru it in one session but then I usually am shooting my 1911 or G19 too.
    With a spare mag, I figure 13 rounds is more than I'd ever need. It fits my hand perfectly, is controllable, concealable, fun to shoot and always works.

2. Soba

Soba

I really like mine. It is still relatively new, but prefer the feel over my G19. Only downside is mag capacity, but I can live with that for something that I can enjoy shooting and shoot well.

3. Tx_Angus

Tx_Angus Wage Slave

Roll the dice, it may work, it may not...

4. coq

coq Raging Member

That's BS.

5. tuica

tuica

I have only run around 50 rnds. through my newer (June 2009), that I purchased used, G36 - and it works well. Milspec hardball, four brands of JHP, all digested and shot. Most times carried w/ only six rounds. Believe that some CCW folks fantisize being involved in larger gunfights than reality would dictate. I am 57 years old, and have never been in a situation needing a drawn weapon - let alone firing multiple rounds. Not saying it could never happen - but weigh your own probabilities, and good luck.

6. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Those little short, slim single-stack mags carry easily in a pocket!
    Also make for lightening-fast reloads...

7. Bultx1215

Bultx1215

Carrying mine now. At first I was concerned about the low round count, but look at the majority of the snubby revolvers....no one really ever complained about them so much. Getting over the mental hurdle is half the battle. If you can't stop a threat with 6+1 230g HP's and a backup mag, 13-17 rounds with a backup mag won't help that much either because you're in over your head.:wow:

8. swannick

swannick

When I decided to buy a sub compact .45, I looked at alot of guns....most of the ones I liked were alot more expensive than my budget could afford. Then I looked at the g36. It was everything I wanted. Small, affordable, powerful and light. I don't think it's recoil is more than my .40 cal. I really like it. Have had no issues with it.

9. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

You want compact with a large caliber, you have to sacrifice something, somewhere. People have carried 5 and 6-shot compact revolvers for 100 years.
    Think about it, if you needed to reload after firing 6 (or 7 if you had one chambered) rounds, do you want to use a speedloader or a magazine?

Those little short, slim G36 mags are super-fast to load.
    Also, since they're single-stack, the loaded rounds are held very securely in place, ready to go.

10. Girevik61

Girevik61

I ordered a pair of G19's today, I decided against the G36.

11. Davey G

Davey G

Bought my G36 from a friend after shooting it, the G30, and the G21. It has the 3 lbs connector in it and I've had the trigger worked on by a master Glock armourer. It rocks! It did not like brass Blazers at least in my hand. I went to Winchester White Box 230s and never looked back. Between him and I we have about 1200 rounds through it so far. I will be trying a Lone Wolf barrel in it with 230gr LRNs soon also. I'll report.

What can I say; the gun just fits me. I've shot Glocks for years (G17, G19, G26) and this thing is just flat out fun. It has become my favorite carry gun, even over the G26. I've worn it for the past 4 days IWB (Tucker Gunleather 'Cover-Up'). It is accurate, and it is fast, even shooting one-handed. It is one mean pistol with Speer short-barrel 230gr Gold Dots!

12. 45GlockGuy

45GlockGuy

I love mine. Fits my hand, IWB perfect and shoots great.

13. dreis454

dreis454

I have some of those rounds......no problems feeding?
    How is the recoil?

14. tuica

tuica

Mine has no problem feeding 200gr. Gold Dots

15. thunderstrike

thunderstrike

I was hesitant to buy G36 because bad feedbacks in this forum. I concluded about 25-30% buyers were having many issues. Still, I decided to take a chance. I had a FTF and stove-pipe issue during first 100 rounds of fire. I have not had any issues since. I fed all kinds of rounds, FMJ, re-loads and HP. I wish Glock came out with G36 RTF2... but I hear they have no plans to do so.

G36 shoots with notable recoil than G19, smoother than G23, definately smoother than G27.

Good luck, and hope you get a good G36.

16. Davey G

Davey G

Feeding...no problem. I'd think the 200gr GDs would have more tendency to hang up; they are the quintessential FLYING ASHTRAY. The 230ge has a wide mouth too, but the extra length of the 230gr gives it a bit more room to have some contour conducive to feeding.
    Recoil...brisk, but manageable. I shot some today at the range. At 40 degrees, a wind chill of 33, wet and humid, I did not enjoy it. But then I didn't enjoy my G26 9mm with max 115gr loads either.

In fact, I did not enjoy that session at the range much at all in that weather, but it is good to practice in both warm and cold temps since you can't control when bad guys are going to get stupid. Not so enjoyable, but good for me nonetheless.

17. hdbob

hdbob

I had one.. really liked it... only shot 100-150 rnds.. No problems..

18. glockrock36

glockrock36

Mine jams and is headed back to glock now. It was new last year. The only ammo that it was happy with was blazer. Looked like an ejector problem or mag timing? I sent them photos, shells etc so well see what they say. Coolest gun I've ever owned, but I'm shaken about using it for carry.
    I'm new to glocktalk and this is my first Glock and first post. I wrote a more in depth reply to this thread but it never got posted. Wired.

19. Davey G

Davey G

Sorry for the troubles, but you've done the right thing in sending it back to the manufacturer. I agree that you should not carry it until it is dependable. Hopefully they will get it right the first time and you go on enjoying it for years to come.

20. dreis454

dreis454

Can I ask what the test fire date is for your G36?:dunno: