Glock 36 ??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Girevik61, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Girevik61

Girevik61

I just got home from the local gun show where I was checking out a G36.
    It felt very good in my hand and it looks like a fun pistol.
    I would like some feedback from those of you that own one.
    Thanks.

2. RedsoxFan4Lyfe

RedsoxFan4Lyfe

My brother had one for a couple of years. We put many rounds through it. Probably 5K or more. It never failed. It shoots very good, not as soft as a G30 but soft enough for the fact it is throwing a big .45 slug.

All in all an nice gun and great choice for CCW.

3. Glock36fs

Glock36fs

Just to let you know as a heads up you are gonna hear both sides (positive & negative) about the G36. I think the best way to give you feedback on it, is to address some of the key issues I have seen posted on other G36 threads, that you may have come across as well. I bought a G36 new a couple of months back and have about 600+ rds of firing through it. I cannot be more happier with it. I'm not anywhere near an expert on it, but this is my opinion after buying one.

"G36 is flawed with FTE issues"

I have shot over 600+ rds of Blazer ALUMINUM through it and never once had any issues. I know there are others here that have had thousands more rds fired with no issues. I bought 3 spare glock factory magazines in addition to the 2 that came with it and no issues. Although I do know there are defective G36s out there, there are probably several thousands that aren't since its inception in 1999. Keep in mind how many have been sold since then. Also, you most likely rarely hear from a G36 owner that has had no issues with the G36. .The only thing, I would caution you on is buying a used G36. It may have the FTE issues, and the seller merely passing it to the next person, who will in turn sell it and so on.

"The G36 too small for big hands and you may experience the magazine pinching you as you fire"

I have big hands and to me it is still very comfortable to handle and fire. I haven't had yet any kind of pinching between the magazine and the stock.

"G36 is not a fun pistol to shoot"
    IMO, this is a half truth statement. The G36 is NOT a range pistol, it is a pistol for defense. If you are looking for a pistol to take to the range to put a few 100rds through for fun, the G36 is not for you. It will begin to sting your hand after about 100rds of firing at a range. I bought mine for CCW only. I shoot very accurately up to 100rds, well enough to maintain proficiency with it, when it goes to the range.

"G36 hurts after 100rds"
    Going along with it not being a range pistol, I don't plan on carrying 100rds with me when I conceal carry. Nor do I for see a situation needing 100+ rds to be concerned with my accurately being degraded.

"Glock 36 only holds 6+1 rds, that is not enough"
    I feel its sufficient carrying only 13 rds (7rds, plus 1 spare mag) while CC'ing in the public setting. Others will argue, its not enough. I see it as if I haven't stopped or escaped the threat with 13 .45 cal rds, I've got worse problems then having no rds left.

"The Glock 36 kicks too much"
    Go to the range and try one for yourself. See if it is too much recoil for you and don't base it off of other people's opinions on here. It always comes down to shot placement. Only you can judge your recoil control.

Overall it always comes down to, what you prefer and are comfortable with. Go to a range and test one out before you buy it. I hope this helped. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  4. bwgolf

bwgolf

Buy it, you will enjoy it. Very accurate and fun to shoot.

5. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Mine has been 100% reliable out of the box with plus/minus 1,500 rounds. But do a search and you might end up with a 'bad taste in your mouth.'

6. Big Sam

Big Sam

Very well said!!! Should be a sticky for the G36

Mine was always perfect (about 800 rounds) for accuracy, feeding and reliability. It did, however, hurt my hands when shooting one handed. I sold it to a friend with somewhat smaller hands and it runs 100% for him but with no pain at all. I find the perfection in my G30 and he finds it in his G36. YMMV.

7. das9mm26

das9mm26

Here's another +1 for the 36!!
    It's either on me in a Supertuck or on my nightstand..
    When I'm carrying, it's with 2 spare mags; I've never felt "undergunned" with 19 rounds (6+1/6/6).....

8. Brent10mm

Brent10mm

+1 Glock36fs.... good post

I probably CCW my G36 more than any other glock, by a wide margin....

If you do get one, look for Win Ranger T's, or Federal HST 230's...
    nasty rounds....:scared:

9. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

I love mine, if more than 6 rounds in a magazine is important to you though you won't want this gun.

The recoil is bearable, it's really not that bad.

I'd suggest getting the Pierce grip extensions (not the +1). I have size large hands and with the extensions I have no problem with the grip.

Like everyone else has said, this gun is very reliable at least with my experience 1,000 or so rounds and only 1 issue and that was the primer or the ammo.

10. kooman

kooman

well my glock 36 is a gen 2.5 and i have shot aprox 300 rounds through it. My first 100 rounds produced 5 F.T.E.'s, it went back to my local gun shop who contacted glock about the problem they decided to put in a new extractor, well the next 200 rounds produced 2 F.T.E.'s so we are getting better. The ammo used was w.w.b, rem golden sabre and federal all had ejection probs, win. ranger has not produced any problems as of yet. I love this gun for concealed carry as far as size and comfort but it now stays at home because of the ejection problem and i just shoot it for fun. Before i get the normal "limp wristing comments" thats not the case, the gun could have been mounted in a vice and would have had the same problem. Its really too bad because it is a great carry gun. Maybe it will go back to glock again but glock tells me that nothing is wrong with it so i dont know what i am going to do.

11. bourge

bourge

+another for the 36. This is my first post here. The G36 is my first Glock. I wanted a compact .45 to carry. My local gun stores only had G30s, no 36s. I held out on buying a 30 until I could hold the 36. I found one at a local gun show. I liked the way the 36 felt in my hands better. I traded/bought the 36 about 2 weeks ago. I shot it for the first time today. I put 100 rounds of Blazer Brass and 12 Hornady JHPs through it. I had zero problems. The gun felt and shot great.

I have searched and read a lot about the 36 before purchasing one. I am by no means a gun/Glock expert. Here is what I think of some of the "problems" above

"G36 is flawed with FTE issues"
    I do not have many rounds through mine but my experience so far, 112 rounds, I have had no issues. Currently I have a crappy low paying job so money is tight. And .45s are hard to find around here unless you want to pay 1.5-2 times what they should cost. I will eventually get more rounds through it as time and money allow.

"The G36 too small for big hands and you may experience the magazine pinching you as you fire"
    I am 6'3 250lbs. I have big hands but not very large hands. The 36 felt better in my hand than the 30 did, which was the deciding factor for me. I have not shot the 30 to compare. The mag did not pinch my hand, the gun felt great to me. It is not too small for me.

"G36 is not a fun pistol to shoot"

To me it is a blast to shoot for what it is. I bought it to be a carry gun. If I wanted a .45 to shoot thousands of rounds through at the range I would have opted for something bigger. But with my limited experience with it, it is fun.

"G36 hurts after 100rds"

It did not hurt me after 112 rounds. Like I said above, money and a limited supply of ammo stopped me from shooting another 100 rounds.

"Glock 36 only holds 6+1 rds, that is not enough"

It is enough for me. I have previously carried a S&W 38 revolver and a Walther PPK 380 made in W. Germany from 1976. The 6+1 is sufficient for me. I am carrying for personal protection, not a war.

"The Glock 36 kicks too much"

I have previously owned a S&W full size MP45 and have shot a few 1911s. Before shooting my new 36 I have never shot a compact .45. I expected the 36 to kick harder than it does. Sure it kicks harder than a 9mm. It kicks too hard for my wife. Im not saying it does not kick, but for me it is controllable and bearable.

These are my experiences and yours may vary. It all comes down to personal opinion. If you can, rent or borrow one and try it out.

Overall, I think this will be a great carry gun for me. I hope I never have to use it to defend life, but if I do, I feel confident I can use it effectively. It is a great little gun and I am glad I bought one. This is my first Glock and not my last. I am already looking at the 17s and 19s for a general range/fun gun.

12. Glock36fs

Glock36fs

Good input, but really for a first post?? Plagiarism??...ahh your a happy G36 owner. I'll let it go.:supergrin: Welcome.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  13. nolt

nolt DONT PANIC!

i lub mine

14. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Would never part with mine, either of them.
    Great handgun!

15. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Pulpa est valeo

I bought one of the first ones. It shot PowRball, some low profile hollow points, and expanding FMJ pretty good but almost all golden Saber and Gold Dots jammed like mad.

I sold it, got a G23 and never looked back. However, now days after reading how ell the new 36's are doing I am looking at getting another one.

16. 00blkgt

00blkgt

I have had mine since 2001 and it has a lasermax in it. This has been my primary CCW and still looks new. Great gun IMHO.

17. Girevik61

Girevik61

I have decided against a G36, not enough rounds to bother with IMO.

18. robertwh

robertwh

My 36 is my favorite Glock pistol. I absolutely love it. It's accurate reliable and a joy to carry. I highly recommend this firearm. :wavey:

19. sigman69

sigman69

I have changed my mind about this pistol....I think that they are a good gun. My friend had one when they first came out...had a really bad trigger, lot stiffer than a glock, and I have 4 glocks. He got rid of it. I have played with several others and their triggers are ok. If I wanted a smaller 45acp this would be the gun I would get.

20. freightshaker

freightshaker

Hey OOblkgt,hows the lasermax holding up?I've been considering buy one.Any idea how many rounds you've ran with it?Any input appreciated