Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the guide rod spring on a Glock 36 when it is put back in place after cleaning how far down is the spring placed (seated) on the barrel. This is the end toward the grip? Hope this describes my question well enough.
I probably should say the guide rod that has the spring.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have a question for you ar15. Yesterday I put 100 rounds through my 36, I just purchased it used last week. I had 5 or 6 casings that did not eject. I merely tipped the pistol upside down and the casing fell out. A couple times I had to pull the slide the remainder distance back and tip it over and the casing fell out. Any thoughts. I tried not to have a limp wrist. I plan to try different ammo this week.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have a question for you ar15. Yesterday I put 100 rounds through my 36, I just purchased it used last week. I had 5 or 6 casings that did not eject. I merely tipped the pistol upside down and the casing fell out. A couple times I had to pull the slide the remainder distance back and tip it over and the casing fell out. Any thoughts. I tried not to have a limp wrist. I plan to try different ammo this week.

Ya I was getting that too with WWB and Remington then I tried Aguila ammo 230gr. worked great for me.
Alot of ppl can use any ammo from what I've seen on here, and some have to use specific ammo.

I'm not sure if it was that I was holding it better or the ammo.
I had called Glock on it and they told me basically to try hotter loads of ammo like Speer and Federal or Blazer also +p loads. If it doesn't work they just tell you to send it back to them.
Aguila is like federal from what I was told. Speer and Aguila have worked for me so far.

You can check guide rod make sure it's not broken. Check extractor.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was using Remington 230 gr. I have some Fiocchi 230 gr I am going to try this week. I cleaned it last night and the guide rod seems to be okay. I am not familiar enough with the extractor to check it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts