Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only time I hear of any negatives in the reliability area about a Glock, was about the 36. Thinking of buying and wondering about this: have they had problems and - if so - is that remedied now?

Also, how's the recoil in the 36- I've shot the 30, not bad - so how's it's thin brother?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Must not have seen the 30sf thread!

I have two shooting buddies that have a 36 with no issues but yea I've read about a few reliability concerns with it. Compared to a G30 which I own I'd say there is a very slight but measurable difference in recoil (the 36 is a tad snappier). I bought the 30 with intent to carry it but I haven't been able to make peace with it's blocky size so the G19 it is right now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The 30 seems to be more comfortable to shoot for most people. It seems that the larger grip area while blockier spreads the recoil across more hand surface and makes it seem easier to handle.

I have personal experience with 2 G36s, both have been perfectly reliable. The 36 is not a target pistol but it is still pretty accuratge for a small .45

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have 2 G36's and have not had one issue with them. They eat everything fed them ammowise.

·
Wood butcher
2,390 Posts
To each thier own of course but I traded my G30 even over for a 36 and I've never regretted it. For me, the larger grip didn't set for any type of carry gun or even my "behind the line" gun. I love my G21, but for range work (full time FA instructor), I love the little G36 on my hip.

As to reliability - I got very lucky. I wasn't aware of the problems many had with 36s when I got it, but fortunately, mine runs like a sewing machine and after a couple thousand rounds of several types of ammo, I have complete confidence in it's reliablity.

That said - there is enough "G36 problem" threads that I don't discount that something was up with at least a certain batch. There was far too many experienced people that were having trouble to write it off to limp wristing or finiky ammo eater. Not sure if they made a design change, or they need broke in or something else, but keeping it in mind, I'll never part with mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased my 36 a few weeks ago. Passed 50 rounds through her yesterday with no jams or problems. I am going to the range next weekend to try some different ammo.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I love my little 36. It is so easy to carry, and just as easy to shoot. I don't think the size has any negatives on recoil or shooting it. It's not a target shooter by any means, but up close it's awesome. So far mine shoots everything I have tried in it.

·
Swollen Member
871 Posts
It's not a 9mm, therefore it is unreliable, inaccurate, and therefore inferior.

Get yerself a 17, 19, or a 26. Show the world you know what yer doin wit gunsnstuff...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have two 36s and they've been great! Mine have been 100% reliable and I carry one almost every day.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts

Get yerself a 17, 19, or a 26. Show the world you know what yer doin wit gunsnstuff...
Care to stand in front of it?
You can even wear a leather jacket.
Try not to laugh when that big ol hunk of lead falls out of the 36's short barrel due to lack of velocity.
:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

209 Posts
The G36 is a known lemon, despite countless 1000s of them which are reliable.

All glock armourers and Glock Inc. know well the non stop issues with the G36.

easy fix is, never buy one, the G30 is nearly same size and utterly reliable, I own 5 of them.

·
Deo Vindice
1,208 Posts
I owned a G36 many years ago when they were first introduced and had zero issues with it.

I did as someone else said though find them to be a bit "snappy" in terms of recoil.

It was a solid little piece though all in all, great for a CCW.

·
Raging Member
489 Posts

easy fix is, never buy one, the G30 is nearly same size and utterly reliable, I own 5 of them.
This guy has a ton of Glocks...and loves his 30s! And while my next Glock will definitely be a 30, my 36 is a good carry .45 and it has been perfect.

·
Wood butcher
2,390 Posts

Because their 9s, is exactly why I don't own any of the above. I do however own a 34 which is strictly for punching holes in cardboard (as long as it isn't too thick), but at least that way I could recover my lead. :whistling:

·
Registered
928 Posts
My 36 has been flawless. I carry it in preference to the G30. I've had no reliability problems whatsoever, and have put every conceivable round through it, including reloads with 7 grains of Unique pushing a Hornady 230 grain flat nose. No malfunctions when it's stock and no malfunctions with a Lasermax in it.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Seems to me that the 30 is quickly becoming the LEMON of the Glock world.
Or maybe you haven't read those threads on this forum yet? :supergrin:

·
transmogrifier
12,512 Posts
I have 2 G36's and have not had one issue with them. They eat everything fed them ammowise.
Same here.
Just bought my 2nd a few weeks ago.
Mine are both very accurate also.
The G36 is the last handgun I would ever part with.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts