close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 vs Springfield Compact 1911

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by prez1967, Apr 22, 2012.

1. prez1967

prez1967

After months (maybe years) of debating i finally got off my rear and picked up a G36. I was so happy with my Compact 1911s that i never thought of anything else for CCW... how wrong i have been.

I ordered my G36 a while back but I couldnt pick it up until yesterday. Hours later i was at the range crossing my fingers that my new gun would cycle properly and not have any malfunctions... 320 rounds later the G36 ran flawlessly! Even the magazines i received from glockmeister who's followers seemed to get hung up when new functioned perfectly after being loaded a couple of times (no more hanging up the follower when empty).

I also have a new affection for Talon Grips!!! I have shot a G36 before (range rental) and the grip was a bit small for my huge paws, so the Talon Grips went on before i went to the range and they made all the difference in comfort. You'll notice from the pics that i used a little bit of excess grip on the rear of the slide. This was a BAD IDEA FOR ME as my oversized hands made contact witht he left side of the slide and that grip texture really did some damage to my thumb lol oh well, it'll be removed.

I was very happy with the accuracy of the pistol at 5, 7 and 10 yards. I didnt try for further as i dont plan on using it at any other distance.

I got home and tried on my Milt Sparks Summer Special II and its just as comfortable and arguably more concealable than the same holster i use for my 1911s. I may have to remove the Talon grips depending on if my cover garments snag on them, but that will be evaluated this week.

And now for the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LUKY-DUDE

LUKY-DUDE

You want to get rid of that Sprinfield now right? I kind of have the same problem,but mine is with a Stinger vs 36 both parked wile I'm on the fence caring the G19.

3. prez1967

prez1967

Never!!! But i have two of them so maybe my other compact will be for sale soon....

4. nokestar

nokestar

I'm in the same boat but looking for my first handgun. I was at a toss up between the 1911 GI Champion and the G36 but I think my predicament may have changed course as I am now stuck between a G36 and the new M&P Shield models.

BTW, both of those are good looking CCWs!!!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  5. GOCANES

GOCANES

I got a G36 but outfitted it with a CT laserguard and Pearce plus zero extensions. Only problem is not a lot of choices for a holster with the CT lasergueard. There are a few but not many. Keep that in mind if you plan on adding one.

6. ca survivor

ca survivor

I had all .45 glocks, never warm up to them specially the 36, now is 1911s or Sig 220.

7. prez1967

prez1967

no plans for a laser sight... i even prefer shooting my AR with iron sights :whistling:

Sigs are awesome pistols!!! i prefer HK but Glocks are alot less money and essentially perform the same task for me.

8. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

I acquired mine used, which had some XS Big Dot sights and an extended slide release. I replaced the slide release on mine. I like everything stock.

I'll you that it's fine out to 25 yards, easily. Anything closer is not a problem, either. Now that it's warmer, I've been carrying this more than my 27. It's usually a toss up between this and my 1911.

9. barth

barth six barrels

In .45 I too really like my P220.
    But carrying that Monster is a chore.
    The Glock EDC, that for me has perfect size, weight, power and capacity?
    My G27 with a 357 Barrel and two G31 re-loads.
    [​IMG]

There may still be a Glock 45 in my future though.
    G30 SF maybe?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012