Glock 36 v. 3" 1911

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DDGator, Jan 15, 2004.

1. DDGator

DDGator

I can find all the relevant measurements for a G36 on the GlockFAQ.

I am having trouble finding all but maybe length and weight for a Sprinfield Micro Compact or Kimber Ultra Carry or Colt Defender size gun?

Anyone know what they are -- i.e., length, width, height, sight radius, etc.?

2. vafish

vafish

3. DDGator

DDGator

I am not asking about the Glock. I am trying to compare the 36 to a 3" 1911. As I stated, I found all those measurements for a Glock.

4. vafish

vafish

Sorry,

mis-read your post. That's what I get for surfing the web past my bed time.

In that case try Kimber's web site. Download their catalog

http://www.kimberamerica.com/Kimber2003.pdf

They have a chart in the back with all the specs you require.

5. ducati

ducati

the colt has a 3" bar. officers sized frame holds 7+1, weighs 22 ounce. nice gun, mine has about 1k through it no problems.

6. DDGator

DDGator

I must have missed that on the Kimber site. Thanks for the info.

I compared the two in person at a shop today. The Glock 36 is a bit thicker, but otherwise compares very similarly. When you consider the full length of the beavertail on the Kimber Ultra, the length is about the same, even given the longer barrel on the Glock.

7. plumbum

plumbum

ive been eyeing a kimber ultra cdp, S.A. micro, and a para ord. para carry for quite some time now.

i like all of them. especially the micro compact in black "armory kote" protective finish.!!nice..

i know the spring. and kimber are basically identical..... except kimber has a checkered front strap where S.A. does not.they both weigh 24oz. 3" barrel.

the para ord. has the LDA light double action trigger. wieghs about 30oz or so being stainless.i do like the little extra wieght and a "no cocked and locked carry". not that im scared of it,but its kinda cool, your concealing options are a little bit better because of no hammer snaging worries.

their all excellent guns. i say if you have a glock already go for the 1911.!!

8. dougmc

dougmc

I just faced the same decision and chose the Kimber Ultra Carry. When I go and get it off layaway I'll let you know how I like it.

9. plumbum

plumbum

i think i finally decided on the kimber ultra cdp, or one of the rcp ones. just from feeling the slide to frame fit, the kimber felt a million times better.