close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 trouble

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by itsgottabeapit, Feb 1, 2010.

1. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

Today in the mail I got a ny#1 trigger spring and a ghost 3.5# connector for my G36.

I put them in and did a function check everything seemed to work fine....then I went to field strip the gun again....

The gun will not field strip properly. When I go to slide the slide forward it gets stuck just like it would if the barrel and spring rod weren't in the slide.

I replaced the connector with the factory connecter because it looked like it may have been rubbing on the rear slide plate and may have needed some honing...well with the factory connector in place the slide still gets stuck.

I really don't know what else to try...The slide stop lever seems a little looser than the one on my 17. I did put the pins back in the right order.

Any ideas????

2. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

On my taken down 17 (no NY#1 when i pull the trigger nothing happens.)

On the take down 36 (with NY#1 the trigger moves, probably close to resetting.)

3. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

Took the NY#1 out and left in the Ghost connector. Now everything functions properly.

Maybe the NY#1 can't be used on the 36?

4. elde

elde Lifetime Member

NY1 can be used and functions fine in a 36. When a NY1 and a -connector are installed together in any Glock you must also pull the trigger while sliding the slide off of the frame. Just add this one step in the procedure to remove the slide.

5. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

So with the NY1 installed you have to pull the trigger, pull the slide back slightly...push forward.....pull the trigger again while pushing forward??

And as far as - Connector I was using a Ghost 3.5. So it should work the same.

6. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Yes. That is the procedure. And the connector can be a 3.5 Lone Wolf, Ghost, whatever....the procedure is the same.

7. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

Thank you very much, I learned something new!!

8. elde

elde Lifetime Member

My pleasure. Enjoy your gun, the 36 is one of my favorites as well.

9. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout Impossiblist

heavier spring and lighter connector?

10. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

I love my 36 as well. Its a great little gun. That reminds me; I need night sights for it........

11. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

It's a good defense carry combination. I'm trying to learn all I can so I did the defense carry trigger in my 36 and in my 17 I did more of a target setup (3.5 connector with a 4# striker spring).

They are like night and day. I was excited to see just how different they'd be. The 4# striker spring on the 17 really made a difference.

12. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

I had night sights on mine for a few years now. I finally got around to getting the AGI video Making Glocks Rock....TR pointed out that on early 36 models the front night sight nut would rub on the barrel and cause the barrel to not lock up properly. You have to hone down the nut until it doesnt rub. Took me years to notice my front sight nut was pushing the barrel down. Glad I got the video!

So check that carefully if you put night sights on yours. There just isn't a recess on the early 36s for the nut and the barrel will rub on it.

13. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

The coil type trigger spring is pulling the trigger towards the rear of the gun, the same direction you pull it.....it helps you pull the trigger, and it holds it back after dry firing the gun while you field strip it.

The NY spring does not pull the trigger towards the rear, it's pushing up on the rear of the trigger bar, and that pressure often causes the trigger bar to move forward slightly.....sometimes it's enough that the firing pin lug re-engages the back edge of the trigger bar as the slide moves forward. And that's why you often have to hold the trigger back to field strip the gun when using a NY spring.

I'm not a NY spring fan, it's counter productive. All it really does is make the trigger pull heavier and harder to use well. Friends don't let friends use NY springs. :)