Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Build the Wall
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on this gun? I am considering it but would like to hear what some owners think about this awesome-looking gun!

How does it compare to a G26/27 as far as grip comfort?

Is recoil bearable?

Thanks guys for any and all comments.

TGG

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
i purchased one, great gun, but the little gap between the grip and the mag,
would kill(pinch) my pinky finger.....so i traded it for a watch.

The G36 felt better in my hands than the g30, but not as good as a G19\23.
If you are looking for a compact non 1911 45, take a look at the Kahr 45's.

I was able to compare and shoot all 3 side by side.
The kahr was my favorite.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have one. I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Except for 2 more G36's.

Accurate, easily concealed, packs a punch. 'Nuff Said!

·
Registered
16,889 Posts
Carried one every day for 5 or 6 years.

Just decided it was time for a change and sold it off.

Comfort of the grip will depend on your hands, to me it was just as comfortable as the G19 or G17, but felt different.

Recoil is stout but manageable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I reccomend getting it. I have one ....sofar put about 500 rounds through it with no problems. Recoil is definite but not uncontrollable. I intend to use mine for conceal carry when and if my CCL ever gets here from the state.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I bought one about a month ago, my first Glock. I'm likin' it now. It's my carry piece. Still partial to 1911's tho'.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think the 36 is an awesome carry piece.
It is my regular everyday carry.
I especially like taking it to the range and getting ragged one hole groups. It is very easy to get nice groups at 7 yards with a little practice.
You are not going to get a better, more easily concealed .45.
There are those that like to complain about the 36.
I shoot mine bone stock and have not had one hint of a problem with the gun.
Go for it.

Buckeye Glocks :cool:

Drill here, Drill now!
A strong America is an energy independent America.

·
Live Free
112 Posts
i purchased one, great gun, but the little gap between the grip and the mag, would kill(pinch) my pinky finger
I put "Pearce plus zero" extensions on and the "pinch" went away. That tiny tiny bit they add to the grip length makes a world of difference. The recoil is stout, but definitely not unmanageable.

If a friend has one or a nearby range has one to rent to you, try it out. Its a toss up as to like/dislike between the 36 and 30, but without trying it you won't really know for sure.

I like my G36 for concealed and occasional open carry, and have enough rounds through it to trust it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I really like the G36, it is my everyday carry weapon. It fit my hand better than the 30SF. Recoil is a bit harsh though.

·
Cowbell Glocker
1,078 Posts
I have a G36, and I like it. It conceals nicely and speaks loudly. My stubby li'l fingers just couldn't get a solid, comfortable grip on the 30 so the 36 meets my .45 needs quite well.

That said, this is the Glock that is unforgiving of a less-than-perfect grip (from me, anyways.) I had to replace some parts that were worn out and started concentrating and re-emphasizing my grip, and I haven't had a single FTE. Before, I might have at least a couple per 50.

·
Build the Wall
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All great advice - thanks!

Recoil I can handle - it's concealability that I want! My employer has a NO GUN policy and I want to carry at work. I think this would work out just fine!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Glock 36 . Going on 18 months. Thousands of rounds. Zero problems. Easy to carry and conceal. Extremely accurate with moderate recoil, easy to control. Can't be beat for daily carry for personal defense. Seven rounds of 230 gr .45 ACP power and Glock reliability. A combination that can't be beat.

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
All great advice - thanks!

Recoil I can handle - it's concealability that I want! My employer has a NO GUN policy and I want to carry at work. I think this would work out just fine!

TGG.....Marcoh has a SWEET G36 and other goodies for sale.....:whistling::whistling:

·
transmogrifier
12,512 Posts
I have one. I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Except for 2 more G36's.

Accurate, easily concealed, packs a punch. 'Nuff Said!
+1
'Nuff said and you said it!

·
Registered
728 Posts
It's a fine piece, when I was looking for a smaller CCW piece than my Glock 19 I tried the G36, but I went against it, as if I want a 6-shooter, might aswell get a snubby 38.

·
The Dixie ****
744 Posts
I put "Pearce plus zero" extensions on and the "pinch" went away. That tiny tiny bit they add to the grip length makes a world of difference. The recoil is stout, but definitely not unmanageable.
+1 on all three counts. The Pearce +0 extensions are what should come with the 36, IMO. The tiny extra length is greatly welcomed by larger handed individuals [raising my hand]. And since I shoot mainly .45ACP I may not be the best judge of recoil, but I would say it is 15% greater than a G30. But a G30 is the softest shooting .45 ever, IME.

·
God's Country
332 Posts
Had mine for about 5 years. Easy to conceal, easy to control once you shoot it a bit and packs a punch. Never had a problem with mine. Probably got around 1000+ rnds through it. I have four mags, two standard and two with Pearce +1 mag. extensions. The extensions make the gun a "little" bigger but not much.

This gun is the easiest semi-auto I have ever owned to conceal. With the same capacity as a 1911 with the +1 mags I have never felt I needed more. Get one, you'll love it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts