close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 Reliability

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by karbyne, Jan 16, 2004.

1. karbyne

karbyne

Does anyone know if there is anyone who preforms a reliabilty pkg on Glocks? Maybe it can't be done, but I sure would be interested if its possible. Glockmeister is sending me a new Extened Slide Lock Lever, to replace the one I purchased from them a year ago, after they recieve the one that is in the gun now. They do not do reliability packages!

2. Gecko10

Gecko10

Been there, done that, save your money. Extended slide locks on the 36 rarely work! Do a search and you should find numerous threads on that subject. Someone posted a fix a few months back that involved modifying the slide lock. Perhaps a search could still turn it up.

The 36 is my normal carry gun. Tried the extended slide lock (as many others have) simply did not function reliably enough for carry or even range purposes.

3. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

karbyne,

Ive been searching for a thread about the extended slide stop lever's and the Glock 36. I cannot find it but I do remember that the guy was having trouble with the slide not returing and locking up with 3-4 rounds left in the gun. Several people chimed in with the problems they had so it seemed to me that the extended lever and the 36 dont work very good. If somebody could find the thread and post it here it would help you a bunch.

IMO I dont see much use for the extended levers. I use the "Tap...Rack...Bang" drill. Lock the slide back on your glock. Now pull the slide back as far as you can. You will see that you can get a fill 1/4" more rearward travel by using this method as compared to using the slide stop lever.

Im alittle confused by what you mean "reliability packages". Do you mean a back up parts bin?

Take Care
    "duck"

4. Gecko10

Gecko10

The search string "G36 Slide Lock" turned up a full page of threads on this issue.