Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the newest G36's doing as far as reliability is concerned ? They are the only Glock I ever read or hear negatives thing about.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I’ve had a couple of G36. Never a problem or issue with the gun itself. Recoil was a little more “snappy” than I personally care for—no fault of the gun itself. You are talking about a light weight slimline pistol shooting 45 ACP rounds. I could say the same for a few others pistols I’ve tried with the same feedback for me personally.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I prefer and have the smaller, thinner and lighter Shield 45 over the G36. A smoother shooter with an extra round or two.
I haven't read of any G3 6 problems lately.

·
Registered
20,075 Posts
Mine has never jammed on me. But as mentioned above, it is a light pistol shooting .45 ACP cartridges and when you couple that with the way that narrow frame sits in the web of your hand, you quickly realize that it is no gun for a novice. If you have any tendency to flinch at all, maybe it's not the gun for you. Because light snappy little guns tend to make bad tendencies worse.

·
Registered
14,967 Posts
it is a challenging pistol to shoot but it is not meant to be a fun gun, but a carry gun. it carries easier than a 1911, even a Lightweight Commander, at least for me. it has been mostly a Cold Weather Carry for me. i've never had trouble shooting it, and pretty accurately too. as long as i keep the round count down.

·
Polymerlicious!
6,497 Posts
I bought mine the year it was introduced and still carry it and shoot it. It is totally reliable.
I do have two bits of advice, based on over 20 years of experience with it:
1) It doesn't like wimp loads. Full-power ammo, preferably 230 gr bullets, is best.
2) Make sure you have a strong grip. My best friend and I shoot it without issue but several range buddies have asked to shoot it and invariably it jams for them. The reason (I suspect): weak grip. I use a push/pull-type grip, which provides a very stable platform for it.
I love the gun and carry it often, particularly in the winter when I feel a bigger, fatter, heavier bullet makes sense.
Good luck and enjoy it!

·
Polymerlicious!
6,497 Posts
Mine has never jammed on me. But as mentioned above, it is a light pistol shooting .45 ACP cartridges and when you couple that with the way that narrow frame sits in the web of your hand, you quickly realize that it is no gun for a novice. If you have any tendency to flinch at all, maybe it's not the gun for you. Because light snappy little guns tend to make bad tendencies worse.
I totally agree: it's not a gun for novices. It's a gun for experienced shooters and it will serve you well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had one for many years but don't shoot it much. I had a couple FTE's in the first 100 rounds all with factory ammo but since then its been solid. Yup it bucks a bit and gets tiresome to shoot after 30 rounds or so but I would trust it in a pinch. However with the advent of the micro 9's (P365) that weigh less and hold more it's not my carry of choice anymore.

·
FAHRENHEIT
7,468 Posts
Mine has been reliable. I don't find it really snappy, more of a hard push. I'm not a fan of recoil, but I don't mind shooting the 36. Low capacity, but it carries very well.
I like mine as a carry gun, but always throw an extra mag or two in the pocket.

·
M62/76
14,420 Posts
I’ve owned a few over the years and while they’ve all worked fine, between the profile and the way they’ve felt in my hand, I always ended up trading them off...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts