close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by docglock, Aug 17, 2002.

1. docglock

docglock Member

I shot my new Glock 36 yesterday for the first time. I noticed that the spent cartridges are ejected across an arch from 2 o'clock (in front and to the right) all the way to 8 o'clock (to the rear and left), including two direct hits to my forehead. Is this normal for this small gun. My Glock 22 usually deposits cartridges pretty consistently at 4 o'clock. Thanks.

2. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Indoors our out?

When I shoot at a small indoor range the brass and aluminum bounces off the walls and goes all over.

3. docglock

docglock Member

It happens at an outdoor range. Maybe it's my technique. I am used to the G22, and the G36 requires a stiffer hand hold.

4. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

FPROVATO,
    It requires some firm handling but you did not tell me what rounds you were firing?+P JHP's,Prac. Ball,etc...;P

COR-BON IN A GLOCK 36 W/A PEARCE +1 IS-;6 ;6 ;6 ;6 ;6 ;6 ;6+;6= ;K

5. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

I've never experienced any unusual cartridge ejection trajectories at the outdoor range. I've no idea what could be causing this in a new gun unless you use the homey style side grip.

6. docglock

docglock Member

Thanks to those who answered this question. Also, I had the opportunity to talk directly via e-mail over the weekend with other Glock 36 owners. The consensus was that the problem is the result of my technique. They were right. Went to the range yesterday. The problem with random ejection of cartridges in all directions and the hits to the forehead was solved by tightening my grip and locking my wrist and elbow. Now the spent cartridges drop at about 5 0'clock. Obviously, the Glock 36 is not as forgiving of errors in technique as my Glock 22. As for ammo, have used Fiocchi FMJ, Federal HS JHP, Winchester SXT JHP and Sellier and Bellot (S&B)FMJ, all in 230 grain and performing about the same. By the way, a word about S&B ammo made in Czech Republic. I have used it extensively in my Glock 22, and it is the most consistent, most accurate of the dozen or so brands I tried. Also, very clean, less expensive ($9-11 per box) and no feeding problems. Only comes in 180 gr FMJ (.40) and 230 grain FMJ (.45), so good for practice only, but it delivers same point of impact as the defensive slugs. Try it, you'll like it. Used it in my Glock 36 yesterday - good results.

7. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

fprovato,
    Glad to help!
    Any other Questions in the near future about the 36 dont hesitate to drop an E-Mail.
    Oh Yeah Purchase a box of Corbon 165 gr. or 185 gr.+P JHP's.FEEL THE POWER!
    Let me know if they cycle flawless for you.:)

8. Wiz

Wiz

That is interesting. I too have had relatively frequent head shots from the brass with my G36. I have only shot it indoors, and only 150 rounds or so, but got the same results with both 230 & 185 gr. Win Clean BEB's. I don't have the same issue with my G19 and G27 regardless of ammo. I don't think my grip is any different, but I never really paid much attention to it. I thought it was just the gun. I'll have to try changing my grip and seeing if that makes the difference. Thanks for the tip.

9. docglock

docglock Member

As I mentioned earlier, tightening the grip does keep the brass at 4-6 o'clock with no forehead hits. The gun does send some brass in an arc over my head on its way to 6 o'clock. It's not a problem for me outside any longer with the better grip, but if I shoot under a covered position, the brass will richochet off the ceiling and bop me on the forehead. That could be what is happening indoors in your situation. If you think about it, the Glock 36 is the smallest package into which anyone has ever put a .45 caliber round. So we are learning as we go. Bottom line - hold a "death grip" with stiff wrist and locked elbow. If you have a copy of the Glock Annual 2002 magazine, Massad Ayoob addresses this issue as it applies to all Glock mini's.