close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 Problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Callcthulu, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Callcthulu

Callcthulu

Hi,
    A freind of mind was putting the slide back on my glock and they didn't quite didn't know what they where doing snagging the back end of the gun on the rails. Now the slide will not come off. Could any one give any advice on this problem.

Thanks,
    Call

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

I'm guessing the back end of the slide is above at least one of the rear frame rails?

First thing to do is make sure the firing pin is not being held by the rear of the trigger bar....is the trigger forward? If it is, (hoping it's not loaded) point it in a safe direction and pull the trigger. Will the slide come off now?

If the trigger is already at the back (pulled), look between the frame and slide to see if the recoil spring is in it correct position or if it has over ridden the slide lock lever.

If the spring is in it's correct place, you should be able to get the slide off with enough force. Yes, the slide lock lever may need to be held down.

Let us know what you've got....

;?

3. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

Butch,

Good point. We practiced this same thing when I took my Armorers course. Sometimes it will get stuck but not back far enough to let the tigger fire. If that is the case here you will have to depress the trigger and depress the slide lock at the same time. The slide will come off but depending on how hard it is wedged against the frame rails it may require some elbow greese.

Take Care
    "duck"

4. Callcthulu

Callcthulu

Got it free the gun is working fine now. Just took a little elbow gresse pushing the slide foward.

thanks for all the help
    call

5. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

Good deal.;f

Take Care
    "duck"