close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 malfunctions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 45slim, Dec 10, 2002.

1. 45slim

45slim

Purchased a new G36 a week or so ago and within 400 rounds the recoil spring jumped the retaining flange rendering the gun inoperable. fixed that by installing a "Wolf" sping and guide rod kit. However, I am now experiencing misfires every 100 rounds or so. My 1911's eat the same ammo with no problems. Have been told this common with Glock's. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this problem.

2. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Glocks don't tend to suffer less than perfect reloads well, the G36 seems to like them even less. If you are shooting reloads, even 'factory reloads', I'd have to suspect that they may be at least part of the problem.

I've not had experience with the Wolff spring/guide kit. But the Glock does something of a balancing act between the firing pin spring and the recoil spring, if one is too strong, it can cause problems, like failure to close the slide completely, which will result in fail-to-fire problems.

You might want to call Glock to get a new factory spring, it may well solve all your troubles.