close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 Magazine Plastic Separation?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glockblues, Feb 28, 2010.

1. glockblues

glockblues

I just bought my first Glock and my first choice was the Model 36. It is NIB. I'm new to the pistol and I must say I love it. I've fired 100 rounds of Winchester FMJ so far and have had no problems. I have 6 mags. Two came with the pistol and four were purchased at CDNN. All are factory mags. The mags that I got from CDNN have the number 1725 on the bottom. The mags that came with the pistol have no numbers at all.

I've noticed the plastic separating near the tip of the mag. These are the factory Glock mags marked 1725 that I got from CDNN. The piece had broken off and I lightly filed it smooth. Is this normal for Glock mags or should I be concerned? I have two mags like the one pictured on the right and another looks like it is separating from the metal also. Should I send these back or is this just normal? thanks.

[​IMG]

2. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Somewhat normal. One of my G36 mags is chipped in the same spot.

3. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

I removed this on all my G-36 mags to help them drop free when empty. Has not hurt any of my mags, they function perfectly.

4. glockblues

glockblues

Thanks. I wasn't sure as I am new to Glocks. The 36 is awesome. Best 45 on the market.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  5. hi-power man

hi-power man Silver Member

I have one mag that is seperated at the same spot. It's had about 600 rounds thru it and not a problem.

6. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

7. Clownblaster3000

Clownblaster3000

It's normal. That metal runs a long way down. I had to lightly file away some of the metal from the front of one of my 36 mags because with the way it and the follower were lining up it would hang on the edge of my bullet casings some times. So I wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause a malfunction so I dremeled it down a hair. Those G36 mags are pretty dang durable. Just de-burr it and remove any flakes or lose parts to keep them from getting blown into your gun. I live by the old saying, whatever's in your mag WILL wind up in your gun.

8. glockblues

glockblues

So I assume this only happens on the Glock 36 mags or does it happen on ALL Glock mags? By the way, I love the 36. It's an awesome shooter and so far, no jams! I was a bit worried when I bought it but I figured the early ones had the problems and they have been solved by now. Trying to get some hollow points to try next. They are all sold out near me. Only FMJ available.