close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 Magazine Disassembally

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Norstrog, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Norstrog

Norstrog

So what is the trick to disassembling the mag to a glock 36? My smith comes right appart I push in the dot on the bottom and slide the base forward. That's the way the Glock manual reads for this one too. Maybe I was being wimpy about it but I couldn't get it appart. The manual said something about squeezing some mags but it doesn't seem to be the case with these. What's the deal?

2. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Use either a Glock disassembly tool or a screwdriver that will pass through the hole that contains the "dot" you speak of and push it farther inside the mag. Wedge the tool up against the inside of the mag tube and then pry it off with some force. Sounds like you're missing the pry point to get your leverage.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I suggest you view the video contained in the thread at the top of the page in this forum.

4. Norstrog

Norstrog

Sorry the dot as you well know is the magazine insert in the magazine floorplate. I couldn't remember the terminology at the time and was too lazy to grab the manual to look it up. I cleaned the pistol on Sunday after my trip to the range and since I bought it from my brother was hoping to take a look inside the magazine to see how dirty it is.

So do you suggest I pick up the Glock armorers tool? It looks very similar to something like a hex key but don't know much about them. Thanks for all your input.

5. DannyR

You can use a hex key, but the Glock tool is a handy tool to have. If you ever come to downtown Roanoke during the week I'll give you one and show you how to remove a magazine base in 3 seconds or less.

6. Norstrog

Norstrog

What part of Roanoke I live in Blacksburg and like to go to PSS (formerly On Target) on occassion.

7. DannyR

I work downtown, on Campbell Avenue SW, 8:00am-4:30pm. E-mail me for specifics. I might be able to meet you after work at PSS.
    -Danny

8. Norstrog

Norstrog

I'll keep that in mind Danny. I am going to have to wait a week or two before getting out again due to time and money restraints but if I can get down that way during the week I'll email. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.