glock 36 locking open

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bubba b badd, Mar 27, 2007.

1. bubba b badd

bubba b badd

I'm new to glocks and have a glock 36. Well broken in, no problems and then it started locking open after1-2 rounds. FMJ 230 gr good ammo, clean pistol, clean magazines and no "limp wristing". I have a Ghost rocket trigger controltab/stop and it has been working perfectly. I have been thinking about putting an extended slide release but now must cure this problem first. Please help me fix this, it is my ccw pistol. I'm new to the computer, so bear with me. Thanks, bubba b badd.

2. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

Just a guess: is the "arm" of the slide stop spring under the upper frame pin as it should be? If you put the upper pin in after the lower trigger pin, the spring's arm can get trapped on top of pin. If so, the slide stop has no spring tension to keep it held down. Always put the upper pin in first.

3. C.Smith

C.Smith Millennium Member

What is it locking open on, the slide stop lever or something else? If it locking on the slide stop lever, which what locks the gun open when the magazine is out, one of the major causes of this that I have seen is the shooter's thumbs activate it during recoil.

This is barring any mechanical problems. Couple of fixes for that would to be replace your thumbs or make the slide stop lever smaller (just the exterior portion, which is what I did).:thumbsup:

Corey