Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Meat on a Steek
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to find an IWB magazine holder to wear with my G36. I am going to wear a Crossbreed Supertuck but can't find a mag holder to carry 1 or 2 extra mags.

Since the mags are so small...maybe it is just as easy to keep one in the pocket. However, I may carry my G23 in the same holster so maybe an option for a mag holder for that gun.

What do y'all do? Leather? Kydex? Paddle? IWB? OWB? Seems that the more crap ya put on the inside of your pants...the bigger pants ya gotta get!

:faint:

·
Command Sergeant Major (retired)
4,840 Posts
Can't seem to find an IWB magazine holder to wear with my G36. I am going to wear a Crossbreed Supertuck but can't find a mag holder to carry 1 or 2 extra mags.

Since the mags are so small...maybe it is just as easy to keep one in the pocket. However, I may carry my G23 in the same holster so maybe an option for a mag holder for that gun.

What do y'all do? Leather? Kydex? Paddle? IWB? OWB? Seems that the more crap ya put on the inside of your pants...the bigger pants ya gotta get!

:faint:
Everybody has different preferences.

I carry IWB about half the year, but have never been comfortable carrying an extra magazine IWB. I have a bunch of different mag holders, but usually use leather OWB from Wild Bill's.

http://wildbillsconcealment.com.fountainheadhost.com/shop/category.asp?catid=11

You can spend a lot more money with other holster makers, but I really like Wild Bills for leather.

I am about to get flamed here for not being all "tactical" but I occasionally just carry an extra mag in my offside back pocket. And sometimes ***gasp*** I even leave the house WITHOUT an extra magazine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am about to get flamed here for not being all "tactical" but I occasionally just carry an extra mag in my offside back pocket. And sometimes ***gasp*** I even leave the house WITHOUT an extra magazine.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Hey, my friend, it's so easy...
Down here in retirement land, we wear Levi's ALL day EVERY day. I always carry my extra mag in my watch pocket. It fits like a glove and sticks out about one inch...perfect.
S2

·
Meat on a Steek
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. Since I'm going to carry a 6rd gun...would feel better carrying a mag. Heck, um new to this so starting from scratch. The forum is full of guys with experience, could save me money.

I saw some horizontal carry mag holders....anyone use those?

·
Meat on a Steek
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@Bob- will research that thread when I get home. looks like great holsters...I assume he was making mag holders as well...

@Bennwj- looked at wild bills...doesn't look like they make IWB non-1911 holders...for a single stack Glock 36 mag but will call. Funny that if I want a mag for my right side carry...I gotta pay more and wait 6-8 weeks. The world hates Southpaws.

·
Transform & Win
3,348 Posts
I saw some horizontal carry mag holders....anyone use those?
I often wear the Safariland Model 123 horizontal mag holder, especially when dressed in business attire. It's discreet since it covers the entire mag and looks good. It's often mistaken for a cell phone pouch. There is a size for the G23 mag, but I don't know how well it would work for a G36 mag.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I carry a full size mag (15 rounds with sleeve) and it is big. I just wear jeans or shorts with a lot of pockets and a little big. The mag goes on my off side (too used to reloading with my non dominate hand) pocket (you are not alone bennwj!). But I do recommend carrying an extra mag, remember it isn't always a shootout you have to worry about, there is also that 1 in a million chance of magazine failure.

·
Meat on a Steek
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks DaGentlemen- I have the 6300 model which is for G23 mags. Not really liking the model I have...doesn't lay flat when I am wearing belted pants. Will continue to try to mold to sit closer to the body before buying the G36 version. Prob gonna stick to a nylon horizontal carry or single leather carry.

·
Private side
11,534 Posts
Call Greg at AlabamaHolster.com and see if he can fix you up.

·
Meat on a Steek
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I often wear the Safariland Model 123 horizontal mag holder, especially when dressed in business attire. It's discreet since it covers the entire mag and looks good. It's often mistaken for a cell phone pouch. There is a size for the G23 mag, but I don't know how well it would work for a G36 mag.

Looked on the Safariland webpage for a G36 mag holder. Funny how my weapon is always the one not listed...haha. I am thinking that if it fits a G30, that mine would fit. Opinion? (I will call them tomorrow of course...)

·
Transform & Win
3,348 Posts
Looked on the Safariland webpage for a G36 mag holder. Funny how my weapon is always the one not listed...haha. I am thinking that if it fits a G30, that mine would fit. Opinion? (I will call them tomorrow of course...)
By all means, confirm it with the Safariland folks, but I think it will have enough room to fit. My real concern is that there is too much room for the smaller (shorter) G36 mag. The cover flap may reach too far, conflict with the carry strap, and not have enough velcro contact area to stay securely shut. The slightly smaller version (for 17,19,22,23,34,35) might actually be better, but rely on Safariland for the final verdict. It's a shame they don't make a small version just for the G36 mag, because with a smaller mag pouch, a horizontal belt mount is even better.

·
Banned
466 Posts
It's called a pocket. Kidding aside, cell phone cases from Wally World work great for 36 Mags.:wavey:

·
Registered
31,722 Posts

What's with the bulge at the closed end?

This is like $16 at opticsplanet!

Looks like it works best with smaller belts (1"). Otherwise the velcro flap can't fold over enough:

·
Meat on a Steek
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well Hooterman, pocket carry would conflict with the large wad of dollar bills and dime bags. Newsgroup, if only crack pipes had their own cases.:)

I bought a couple cases, will see how they fit. Love this forum.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts