close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by oldslabsides22, Jan 8, 2010.

1. oldslabsides22

oldslabsides22

Hey Guys,

New member and first post for me. Looks like a lot of knowledge here on the forum. I've been collecting and shooting for almost 30 years now and just got my first Glock, a G36. By the way, 200 rounds through it with not a single problem. I've carried a number of guns in a variety of holsters and always believed you should use a holster made specifically for the gun. Universal fit has always seemed like trouble waiting to happen.

My question is: which other Glock model is the closest to the 36 in dimentions. G36 holsters are few and far between. It seems like the 19, 23, and 30 are the closest but I'm looking for real life experience from people who carry a G36 in a holster made for the 19,23,30,etc. Any help or pics would be great. This G36 is fantastic, a pleasure to shoot. IWB or OWB examples as I wear both based on dress and the weather.
    Mitch

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. ipscshooter

ipscshooter Mostly IDPA now

You have to look. Some will fit both G36 and G19, 23, etc. However, ones that depend on the trigger guard for retention may be a problem. My 36 the trigger guard is just a little wider than my 19/23 and the 36 WILL NOT fit in a few holsters I have for the 19/23. Other holsters they both will fit. My 19/23 are 2nd Gen, so they may have may the Gen 3 wider, don't know.

3. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

Exactly.
    My G19 fits perfectly into my G36 Don Hume J.I.T. beltslide rig.
    But my G36 won't fit into my old Galco IWB S.O.B. G19 holster.
    They're really close in size but sometimes they just don't quite fit.

4. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

In my experience, many of the kydex holsters that have adjustable retention will work fine for both the G36 and 19/23/32.

5. GlockMonk

GlockMonk

+1 on what he said. I carry both 19, and 36 in same holsters. BTW, I use CTAC, MTAC, and BlackHawk holsters.

GlockMonk

6. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

7. sharpblade

sharpblade

Made by Fist holsters for the 36
    [​IMG]

8. Motown Fire

Motown Fire Everett

9. Motown Fire

Motown Fire Everett

I like that fist holster. How much $$$ do those run ???

10. NavyVet79

NavyVet79

I've carried a G36 since 2000 and use a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB holster for it. You can use that holster for a G19 (Gen 2) as well. It is a little bit tight due to the G36 being thinner but it will work. I would not recommend doing this on a consistent basis because it will make the holster less snug for the G36. I believe a G36 is still the thinnest of all glocks so it really needs its own holster. (NV79)

11. tuica

tuica

Spend $15. on a Glock Sport/Combat. They make 2 models - one for the skinny Glocks, one for the G21, G20, G29. Get the skinny one for the G36. Retention via a plasticized rubber trigger guard nubbin that can be filed/sanded down to your preference. I was leery of such an inexpensive holster - but that is the only holster in which my 36 is carried. Cheers

12. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Welcome to GT sir.

And to derail your post just a bit, how you like that G36? I've been thinking about getting one myself. Nothing wrong with any other Glock I may have seen, it's just that I've been thinking about a single stack .45 for some time now. It appears to be what I want, but trying to get as much owner's input as possible.

13. SagKC

SagKC

Love mine. No issues and very accurate!

14. G36shooter

G36shooter

My G36 is carried in a Milt Sparks 'Watch Six' IWB holster very slim and comfartable. This is more my summer carry gun.:cool:

15. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Alabama Holster makes a strong side IWB, an appendix carry IWB, and an OWB holster.
    Alabama Holster.com

16. polkhigh

polkhigh

If you are looking for a holster specifically for a G36, take a look at Pure Kustom Holsters. www.purekustomholsters.com

Rocky makes a IWB/OWB combo holster that is very comfortable. Yes, a little pricey but you can't go wrong with the versatility. He has a pic of the Black Ops for the G36 on his website.

Also, his turnaround time is on avg. 2 weeks. I got my holster in 5 days.

17. navionpilot

navionpilot Well Armed CFI

My Glock 36 fits my Glock 23 holsters and vice verse. Never realized it until I accidentally put the 23 in a 36 holster, I had just bought. Luckily only 2 dupes in my collection.

Works with Galco USA, a couple Generic IWB, a couple plastic paddles, even the miami classic.

18. navionpilot

navionpilot Well Armed CFI

I simply LOVE my 36. It is noticeably lighter and easier to carry event those the size is only marginally smaller than the G23. Easy to carry, not noticeable when CC'd. And enough fire power (.45 x 7 + a spare 6 mag) for most anything - I know save the debate!

My G36 was my first glock purchase and it is still my fav.

19. tuica

tuica

Just picked up the larger Glock Sport/Combat holster, used for $10 shipped. With these two sizes of S/C, I can carry any model Glock produces. Good luck.