Glock 36 help

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by big grip, Jul 26, 2005.

1. big grip

big grip APC & Proud!

Figured this would be the best place to ask, I did not see a G36 forum.

I'm having problems with a 36, it does not lock the slide open when the last round is fired. I've changed out the slide stop and all 4 of my mags do this.

It locks open when I have and empty mag and rack the slide by hand.

Anyone have a similar issue?

2. Glocktalker

Glocktalker

Check your grip and make sure your are not putting pressure on the slide stop. Verify by letting someone else shoot the pistol. I had the same problem with a SIG and found it to be my grip. Good luck.

3. mrmedina

mrmedina NRA Member

Several solutions,
    Check your magazine followers and clean and inspect.
    Maybe mag springs, are they old or used?
    Not enough lube on slide rail.

Slide stop lever trashed?
    Cheap ammo?
    And the dreaded "limp wrist" lock the wrist when firing.
    Trust me, the G36 does have some quirks of proper shooting techinques
    so I have to go with the last.
    Dont use after market slide stop lever(extended) YOU HAVE to USE OEM lever.

You'll get other replies, this is only a start.

4. big grip

big grip APC & Proud!

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

I shoot using CAR grip so I don't think I'm touching the slide stop at all but I'll double check. I will double check the mags/sprins to ensure they are installed correctly.

Limp wrist, I'm not sure. My normal carry gun is a Glock 29 in 10mm. I can handle some recoil but this grip is MUCH thinner and I did have a hard time when I first started using it. But no more.

5. kpblade

kpblade CLM

2 Things to check. First the most common reason for most Glocks is that the slide stop lever replaced wrong. When re-assembling, the locking block pin must be placed first before the slide lock lever is placed into the receiver (if not done properly, the spring on the lock lever is not under enough tension to push the lever "downward" causing it to push upward prematurely locking the slide). This would usually prematurely lock the slide before the mag is empty, but I have heard this doing what your describing w/ the 36 with the modified extended slide lock levers. Secondly, there is no OEM extended slide lock lever for the G36. The current ones out there are modified OEMs for the other models that need some grinding and "fitting" for it to be used w/ a 36. Many owners have had issues with these non-OEM levers doing exactly what you're describing. My 36 is stock except for a 3.5lb connector and has been 100% reliable with 5 different rotated mags and close to 5000 rounds. Currently, I'm carrying my 30 more, just persoanl preference.

6. big grip

big grip APC & Proud!

I had the slide stop replaced by a Glock armor that handles all the local LEO stuff, double checked it and it's good.

I picked up a new mag yesterday and it has a little flat spot on the follower to contact the slide stop. I'm going to test fire it today and see how it works. If that works well I'm going to send my other 4 mags back to Glock or ask them to send me 4 followers.