close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 feed ramp angle

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Mickey, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Mickey

Mickey Millennium Member

I bought a used Model 36 today.It still had the copper colored grease on the slide.I did not shoot it yet, but, the bullets hand feed without any problems.The problem is the feed ramp.It appears to be "double cut".There is a "U" shaped cutout near the bottom of the ramp.The barrel appears factory new.Anyone ever see a feed ramp cut like this?
    Mickey

2. Mickey

Mickey Millennium Member

Glock 36 Feed Ramp followup: I contacted Glock yesterday.The Tec said that a certain # of Glock 36's had feedramps cut the way mine is.He told me to send the Barrel back, and, they will replace it.
    Mickey

3. 45+

45+ "Senior" Member

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted how it works out.

Good shootin'....

4. MBR

MBR

My 36 has the same U shape cut at the bottom of the ramp. It seems to work fine. Did the tech say there wa a problem with it?

5. nuparadigm

nuparadigm

My 36 is an early model. It had the "V Feed Ramp". There were certain kinds of hollow points that wouldn't feed reliably. Glock re-designed the feed ramp to look more like that of a 1911. After the upgrade was done, I've had no more feeding problems.

6. Mickey

Mickey Millennium Member

I finally shot my Model 36.Glock sent me a new Barrel with the same serial #'s as my gun.It has a standard style feedramp.The tech looked up the serial # of my gun, and,said they had a new Barrel in stock with that number.It appeared to me that they knew there was a problem with the "V" cut feedramps.
    I shot 200 rounds with 3 different brands of ammo.The model 36 worked flawlessly.
    Mickey

7. eawein

eawein

Anybody have a picture of the original OR the improved ramp. I have a DUP series 36 that has some hollowpoint issues. Not really sure if I would consider the ramp a V shape though. Maybe I'm not looking at the same thing. What number do you call at Glock to see about correcting this?

Thanks, Gene

8. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

I received a Glock 36 is a trade a while back.It's a very early model.I haven't even fired it yet.Did you only have to send in the barrel alone?I was thinking to just buy a new factory barrel and keep the original barrel.