close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 Feature......???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TNRonin, May 31, 2002.

1. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

I was cleaning my G36 in the store the other day and noticed some mashing (for lack of a better term) on the right side rear of the chamber of the barrel. As you are looking down on the top of the barrel you look at the right rear corner of the chamber. I noticed some mashing of this part of the chamber. I have not had any reliability issues so until I cleaned the gun I would not have noticed this. Well, I got out some other Glocks in the store to see if there were any others with this "feature". All have some impact or sliding marks on this portion of the barrel. My G36 had it pretty bad, or worse than the others. I looked at one "old" G23 and it was not nearly as bad.

I took a needle file and reduced the raised areas and reblued that portion of the chamber. I racked the slide a bunch and took a look, the bluing was gone, so it is still hitting the slide. Don't see any accuracy or function issues.

Has anyone else seen this?

Should I be concerned?

I honestly don't think so, but thought I would throw it out there.

I wonder if this is just a "feature" of the short .45 barrel maybe torquing in the slide when it cycles?

I think I've seen this before on Glocks, but I can't remember, I got the feeling I was a little too concerned since it was my baby I saw this on.

I just looked at my G21 which is brand new, and it was shot last w/e with the g36. It to has this mashing but not as bad. Of course it doesn't have as many rounds through it. Now I was trying to induce FTFs on the g36 by limp wristing it so I don't know if that did anything to the dynamics of the barrel in relation to the slide. Also there is very little marring of the slide, infact none, until I reduced the raised edges on the barrel. That will teach me.
    ;g

2. denfoote

denfoote MENACE

I just looked at my G36, which has about 300 rounds through it. No "mashing"!!! I would have a Glock armorer look at it!!!

3. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

I had our armorer look at it. And I have a few years in the saddle with the Glock platform. While they all have this to certain degrees this one is the worst I've seen. I called the tech people and had a decent discussion with them. Here are my options. Return the pistol and wait two weeks. The may or may not replace the barrel. If they replace the barrel they won't match serial numbers unless it gets sent to Austria. That will take some time. I will not be w/o this gun for that long. I'm going to shoot it a bit more to see if I get any more unusual wear. It is not effecting the function or safety of the gun so I'm not worried on that angle. I just was curious. I'll keep you all advised. And I will get some digital pics.