close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 extended slide release

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Redneck1919, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Redneck1919

Redneck1919

Hi, my name is Jim from Georgia.
    I am the proud owner of a 19, 26, and 36. The 26 is my wife's.
    I do not wish to open a rant on correct way to rack a round in the chamber, but would like some information from model 36 owners.
    The model 36 is one of the few that Glock does not make an extended slide release for, possibly because of the slim design. I know there are third party ones available. Does anyone here have any experience with these? Would like to know if there any problems with them and which would be considered the best one.
    When I first got this one (used) the release was very hard to use. One of the guys at Ed's could not work it either and he replaced it with a new one and it is still pretty stiff.
    Would appreciate some information.
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I used to have the Glockmeister extended slide-Stop on my G36, and it didn't work out. IF I ordered another one, I would try the newer Lone Wolf Slide-stop for the G36.

3. saminksiii

saminksiii

I may be different but I've never used the slide release on any of my Glocks just because it's easier to slingshot the slide and I don't have anything sticking out. Besides, stock works.

4. G36_Me

G36_Me

I had one that was customized from another model to the G36. It did not work. I put back on the factory and it worked well. Since then, the after market have come out, but I'll never go to one; just no need for me in my style of shooting and my feelings about 'what is right'.

My opinion, buy one and try it. If you like it; keep it, if not, switch back.

I would like to know the "official" reason Glock does not support this feature, but don't.

5. Big_Drunk

Big_Drunk

I notice that when I use extended slide stop levers on any Glock, occasionally (1 in 50) my thumbs will inadvertantly engage the slide stop lever in the middle of a string of fire. It's almost like a malfunction occurred. Then I release the slide, and I'm back in business. I now use stock on Glocks for this reason alone.

6. Redneck1919

Redneck1919

Thanks for your replies. I will probably leave as is, sure don't want to screw anything up, as this is my primary carry gun. Thanks again.
    Jim

7. Captain38

Captain38

I PROBABLY have several times more Glocks than I'll ever need and have original Glock extended slide locks on all of them EXCEPT my G36! I've even got a Glockmeister part for a G36 around here somewhere, but I never bothered to even install it based on several conversations I had with my Smyrna contacts.

I'd strongly suggest you NOT bother and learn to live with the standard configuration slide lock on your G36 as well!