close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 Extended Slide Catch

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by karbyne, Jan 2, 2004.

1. karbyne

karbyne

I installed an extended slide catch on my Model 36. Now, about one time in twelve the slide will stay open while zipping through a mag of 6. I have been shooting Winchester 230 gr Full Metal Jacket Target Ammo. Should I get out the file?, change ammo?, or, put the old hard to use slide release catch back in? Any ideas whould be appreciated.

2. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

I would have to say that the spring on the extended slide stop lever may be causing the problem. On the standard slide stop lever's it should lay flat on the frame when the slide is off. Install the extended one and take the slide off. If the lever doesnt lay flat then there is a problem.

Take Care
    "duck"

3. nigneil146

nigneil146

I'm pretty sure that the extended slide stop does'nt work with the 36. The normal slide stop on the 36 is totally different form the normal slide stop for other glocks.

4. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

I never thought about that. I guess I have never worked, fired or handled a 36.

Take Care
    "duck"

5. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

According to Glockmeister, the slide stop lever for the 36 is #1802 while it's a #2919 for the rest. I haven't seen a 36 before, but it would seem that if it's only failing once out of every 12 mags it's pretty close to OK and you could get it to work with only some minor tweaking. The most likely place for glock to change the design would be in the two angles along the long side of the bar. This would be necessary to accomidate the narrower mag. If it was me I'd look and see where the original went and bend the new one so it looks the same.

The other probable cause is that you're knocking it up with your thumb under recoil. Before you do any tweaking run a few mags with your thumb very out of the way and make sure that's not it.

I love the extended stops on the 21 and 24, but can't stand them on the 23 and 35. Go figgure. ;Q

6. Gecko10

Gecko10

Several of us have tried these on our 36's. To my knowledge few if any have functioned properly. I replaced mine with the original within a few days as the pistol was not reliable enough for carry purposes.

If I recall correctly there is some sort of a fix for this which requires modification of the part itself. It was posted here a few months back and maybe a search will turn it up.

I'm not willing to fool with it anymore on a carry gun.

7. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Wouldn't be my first case of erring, but I don't believe there is a factory extended slide stop lever for the G36.