close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 Ext. Slide Stop Reliability

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by karbyne, Feb 19, 2004.

1. karbyne

karbyne

This story has a interesting ending, for those of you with 36's, It will be boring to the ones that don't. On Jan 2, I poster that my model 36 slide would stay open prematurally after I installed a Glockmeister GMSSL 36 Extended Slide Stop Lever. I emailed them about this problem and the emailed me back and said to send the lever in and they would send me the correct lever back at no charge. Did all this,,installed new lever from Glockmeister, and on very first mag. I had the same problem. And each mag. after that. This is my carry gun, so I decided to order a new 36 and just leave it stock. My friend with a FFL asked to see my old gun along with a .45 ACP round. He removed the slide, inserted the magazine with 1 round in it, and my 12 year old grandson could have figured out this problem. The bullet just barley touched the ext slide stop lever, kicking it up after every 2nd or 3rd shot. My friend, who is also a Fireman, took the gun home on his days off and filed the very tip of the lever off. I took gun to range, ran 6 mags through it and it did not malfunction one time. Now I'm very happy with my Model 36 again. If You Don't Miss You Win!!!!!!

2. Gecko10

Gecko10

Many of us have tried the extended slide release in the G36 and few have functioned reliably. I think I'll dig mine out of the parts box and try this trick. Thanks for posting it.

3. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

Karbyne,

Great post,but my question is,how can someone put a part like that on the market that has the problem you discribed,sounds like someone is not doing proper R&D.

4. Gecko10

Gecko10

Filed to same profile as stock release. Fired 150 rounds. Worked like a charm!

:)

5. karbyne

karbyne

Gecko 10---------I'm very glad to see that this fix worked for you also. Please drop the XXX's and email me at xxxcraigie@mchsi.com. Glock-N-Fun-----------I'm with you. Why would such a simple fix be overlooked for so long, by someone as knowledgeable as Glockmeister? (So they say anyway) Also, I would like to know, if anyone has had any experiance with EEZOX Gun Care? Thanks, Karbyne

6. Gecko10

Gecko10

Yeah, he's right. I tried it once, several years ago and since the 36 is my normal carry gun I got rid of it in a hurry. It's been sitting in a parts box for several years.

As karbyne stated the problem is extremely obvious, once you know what to look for.

This is sort of a needed feature for me as I have very small hands and short fingers.

And yes, I know the slide release is not the recommended way to cycle. Been there, done that. :)

7. middy

middy

Is it just cooler to use the slide lock lever as a slide release? I don't understand...

The only time I use it is to close the slide after the last mag before I go home.

8. Gecko10

Gecko10

Middy:

I don't use it very ofter either. However, because of my small hand size I find it useful/faster when doing a reload with retention and in low light scenarios when my weak hand is holding a SureFire.

9. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

Slingshoting is for little boys and sissy's...hehehehehehehe!...The devil made me do it.