Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be a acquiring a G36, and would like to reload target-loads with hard-cast, unplated bullets, using a modest, powder charge of Titegroup, Unique, or similar. Are there any problems with the "smile" such as on the .40 S&W?......Since chamber-pressures are lower that the .40, can I safely used unplated, hard cast bullets?......Your help is greatly, appreciated

· Registered
1,203 Posts
No issues, you will do fine. You will find some bullets work better than others.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
I've got a 36. Most of the range time I've spent with it was using a 200gn LSWC and Clays @ 900fps. It is a pretty accurate combination.
s45

· Registered
252 Posts
Have been a proud owner of a Glock-36 for years and have run thousands of my cast ROUND NOSE 200-230 grain bullets through it. But NEVER could get it to run SWC's. All my reloads are with 5.2 of W231. Good luck and enjoy.

· Wood butcher
2,463 Posts
I'm lucky in that mine will digest anything, but my favorite weight for it is a lead 200 RNFP. Good combination between accuracy and ease of handling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.