Glock 36-any reliability issues?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by S. Kelly, Sep 20, 2005.

1. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

My old partner is looking for a .45 cal Glock as an off duty gun. I have a G30 and love the way it shoots and recomended one to him. After finally seeing a G36 (beantown's gun) I'm impressed with it's slimmer lines. Have any reliability issues been resolved? He wanted 10 rounds versus the 6, but if the G36 has had the bugs ironed out, it'd be a creat carry gun. The G30's kinda tough in the summer. Thanks.

2. jugo1

jugo1

I am a Detective and carry a 36 as my duty gun when in plain clothes. I have done the dept qaulification now three times with it and had zero problems. I even use the plus 1 mag extenders and have had no issues. I would recomend it. Hope this helps.

3. vafish

vafish

I've been carrying mine for 3 1/2 years, practicing with it, shooting USPSA matches, took a training class, I'm still waiting on it's first FTF.

4. trozau

trozau troy ounce gold

Bought NIB back in 2001 and 0 problems to date. :cool:

5. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Wow! USPSA w/ a 36, now that's some stones, good job. I guess ya shoot in L-10?

6. Glock Influence

Glock Influence

I'm buying one of friday. I love the 36.

7. vafish

vafish

Yep.

Solid D class shooter in that division :)

But I get to practice a lot of reloads!

I don't shoot USPSA to play the game, I just don't have the time or money to be real competitive, I shoot it to get practice at things likedrawing from the holster and shooting on the move that local ranges won't allow.

Besides that it's an excellent excuse if you shoot poorly.

8. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

9. jeremy54b

jeremy54b Merely Here...

The two that I've owned over the years prior to getting a G30 didn't care for Cor-Bon JHP ammo, but fed EVERYTHING else reliably.

10. G-Bone

G-Bone the 29 is fine

Have about 1200 rounds through mine. Corbon, Speer, Remington, Wincheser, Double Tap and Black Hills all in JHP have worked perfectly.

The third round I ever fired through the gun hung up and did not chamber, it was hard ball ammo. That was the first and last time that ever happend.

I love mine and forget how great it is to carry every once and a while.

11. CaptainOveur

CaptainOveur

More than a year down the road, I really like my G36. Went to the local accepted range on public land a few weeks ago and I was firing away with the 36, while my buddy was getting jams every once and a while with the berretta 92. It's definitely not fair to judge a weapon based on the first few hundred rounds, or probably even the first thousand. I don't know if I could make my 36 "not" shoot now, it does very well and just keeps going. Definitely a great weapon IMO and a keeper for me.

There are two choices for a small/CCW .45, the 36 and a brick.

12. BadLight

BadLight Was that a tree

5 years of duty, no FTF, no misfeeds, eats anything I put in the magazine and once you get use to the muzzle flip, it's a sweetie to shoot.. ;f so the little gun gets ^c ^c

13. HeavyWaistband

HeavyWaistband

I just recently got the 36 and I love it its a great gun to shoot, so far I have been using Lellier & Bellot 230 FMJ and the have been doing excelent

14. redclay

redclay

Have had my 36 a couple months, several hundred rounds w/no probs. at all, but saw firsthand this past spring repeated jams in an early 36 with early mags in a louis awerbuck pistol 1 class here in NC

The failures to feed/jams were traced back to faulty springs in the early Glock mags and mags were sent back to factory for replacement and after that no problems, I believe....believe they replaced them with wolff springs, but not sure...

Don't let the above deter you from buying a 36 - just buy a new 36 and brand new Glock 36 mags all at same time from same dealer and you should be good to go...hope this helps...rgds, redclay 9/27

15. swampglocker

swampglocker

Mine reliably goes bang everytime I pull the trigger have had it for just over a year..great carry gun!!

16. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

Thanks for the replies, we went to our dept range last night and shot one of the instructor's G36. Great gun! Lots of muzzle flip, but accurate. Shot a little high at 15 yards, but fed ball and SWC like nothing. I'm going to get one. BTW, the best and most accurate gun shot there last night was my beater Norinco 1911. Shocked everyone there. And just a good safety tip, check your ammo before loading up any mags. We were shooting some turned in Gold Dots for our G23s and one was flattened on one side. Tied up my G23 real good when it fed halfway into the chamber. It must have been squashed by someone dropping a loaded mag on a hard surface. In a real situation it would have been costly.