close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 36 and Pocket Carry

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MurrayNevada, Feb 8, 2004.

1. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada

Do any of you folks pocket carry a Glock 36. If so what pocket holsters do you find best for this platform. I sometimes pocket carry a Glock 27 in a Kramer or a PCS pocket holster. The Glock 36 is a little slimmer and if I can move up to .45ACP with a thinner pistol I will have a winner.

2. ColoradoPacker

ColoradoPacker What's a Glock?

I use a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster for my 27, and hear they are good for the 36 as well.

3. vafish

vafish

You must have some big pockets if you are carrying a G36 in them. The G36 is almost identical in size to the G19. I've never seen a pocket holster for the G36.

4. ColoradoPacker

ColoradoPacker What's a Glock?

I use the "Nemesis" with Dockers and a G27.

With jeans the pocket is too small, and not wanting to carry without a holster to protect the trigger, I have to use a DeSantis Apache ankle rig, or the DeSantis "Tuck This" in the small of the back (at 220lbs carrying IWB on my side isn't gonna work).

I said I "heard" it was good for a 36 (single column .45, right?)

5. vafish

vafish

I somehow missed the "I hear" part.

Yes the G36 is the single column "Slim Line" .45 ACP, but if you look at the specs it's almost exactly the same size as a G19. Somthing like .08" shorter in the slide length, .24" shorter in height and .05" narrower.

For the most part they fit G19 holsters just fine. The G26 is almost 3/4" shorter in both height and length.

6. Guest

HA! I can hear it now.

"Is that a Glock in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?";)

7. JFP

JFP

Better believe it!! G36 Rides great in the front right pocket of my relaxed fit Gap khakis and relaxed fit jeans. Before I found quality IWB holsters it was a preferred form of carry which I still use under certain conditions.

I use the fist ultra thin kydex pocket holster, although I admit to not liking the push down tab placed so high (at the top of the what would be the equivalent of the sweat guard on an IWB holster - almost at the rear end of the slide) and will probably have them make me another one sometime down the road with the tab lower (nearer the middle of the slide). That position just feels more natural to me.

8. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

I carry my G29 in the front pocket of my Levi's. However, I was carrying it dry-fired over an empty chamber since I too don't like the idea of an exposed hammer.
    It was more for a personal feasability study than anything else. I will say that will very little work and care it CAN be done quite nicely.
    I think I will get one of those cheap neoprene pocket holsters for this use since I won't likely carry like this often.

Ya might try it like I did to see what ya think. It might drive you crazy and in that case don't waste your money. They do totally disappear in loose-fit Dockers.

9. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

Sounds comfortable, neoprene. Who makes those? Got a website?

Also, I looked at the Fist kydex and it appears to be not well designed. Specifically, the gun bulges out vs. the fins on the side. That will print in a pocket more likely than if the side fins were one level with the thickest parts of the gun. That way, it would appear like a wallet or something like it. The way it is now, you can clearly see the gun contours printing.

Anybody know a better designed pocket holster?

10. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

Just got an Action Direct hoster (64C) for my G36 and find it doesn't fit into most of my pants. Pockets aren't deep enough. The holster is great and stays inside the pocket, but the butt either looks out of the pocket or someone peeping into my pocket can see it (depending on pants). I think I'll have to return it.

Without holster, it was an OK fit but since the holster is a flat design, it won't fit snugly around the muzzle and ends up making the package longer.

11. Callcthulu

Callcthulu

I carry my G36 in my front pocket most of the time when I am not carrying my G17. I have no problem carrying it public places ie wal-mart. For the most part people don't pay real close attention that the person next to them possible has a gun in their pocket. I have had a few cops eyeball me funny but they never said anything to me. I guess the old saying goes ignorance is bliss.

12. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

What kind of pants, though? Oversize?

13. M1KEY

M1KEY

how much easier is the 36 to conceal than the 30?

14. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

About 4mm easier. That is how much it is slimmer. Length and height are identical, and length is the major problem for pocket carry (at least in this case)