close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 357 questions........

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Photocop, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Photocop

Photocop

As an avid 10mm fan, I am a bit disappointed with Glock's decision to never offer any midsize 10mm platform. As a result, I am forced to choose between my full-size G20, one of the largest of all the standard Glocks, or go with a G29 "Baby" Glock. There is no middle of the road for me. I'm not a huge fan of the Baby Glocks as I find them a bit unwieldy due to their small size.

So this brings me to what I am currently contemplating: A Glock 32. I have long been interested in the 357 Sig cartridge and, in fact, was the first of all my friends to own a weapon chambered in this cartridge back in 1994 when I purchased a Sig P229 in this little fireball of a caliber. I want something a little smaller and thinner than my G20 for concealed carry and I am considering getting a G32 since it offers the biggest bang of the smaller, mid-size Glocks. I am not particularly fond of the .40 S&W and have read in articles by several different sources that the 357 offers better barrier penetration than the .40 along with its increased muzzle energy, etc.

Since I like things that are a little unusual, I'm also consdiering a compenstated G32 "C" to add a little variety. I am a bit pissed that I didn't get a comped G20 when I got my first Glock since it could be easily converted to a non-comped model with a simple barrel swap.

The only other thing that I'm contemplating is altogether abandoning my desires for a more compact gun and going the complete opposite direction: Getting a G24 or G34 and then buying a 357 conversion barrel. This would be cool for shooting any competitions that I might decide to partake in and it would satisfy my desires for an out of the ordinary Glock. Does anybody here have any chrono information about what kind of velocity increases the longer barrels of these models might provide?

I'm also open to any input on my possible G32 purchase, comped or not. Any info is welcome.

~Another conflicted, soon-to-be multiple Glock owner

2. k2ue

k2ue Member

I'm a long-time G30 shooter, and just ordered a G32. There two things I didn't like about the G30 (which on balance I have great affection for):
    * The short grip made me hold on too tight with the right hand -- a looser right hand and tighter left would give better trigger control, but that's not readily possible with a short butt.
    * Shlepping 500 or 1K rounds around for training is a pain with the weight of 45ACP ammo.
    I opted for the G32 after deciding I really want a gun that was proofed on the 357, not something else. . .

3. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Yes, get a G32C.
    Easy to make it non-C, .40, 9mm and .22lr.
    :supergrin: :thumbsup:

4. Photocop

Photocop

Thanks, guys. I'm still debating between a G32C and a G24C. I like the idea of a 6" bbl. on the G24 which I will convert to 357 if I can find a barrel for it.

The G32C would be a more practical addition to my collection, but anyone with a deep love for guns knows that practicality isn't always what attracts a man to a gun.

If I get the G24, I can use my G20 as my "compact" gun. :)

5. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

The only two things that would not make the G32 perfect are:

The price of the ammo is somewhat more expensive for practise ammo.

and...it's not a G21 (I'm a huge fan of the G21).

Other than that, it is perfect. No one has ever questioned it's stopping power or penetration. The G32 is the same size as a G19, but kicks more butt!

If I were to ever buy another Glock, it would be the G32.

6. Photocop

Photocop

That's what I'm talking 'bout!

+1 all the way!

7. Dobbler

Dobbler

If you love the size of the G19, you'll love the G32 -- if you like a lot of snap. A G32 is like shooting ++P++ 9mm :)

As much as I love my G19, and 357 SIG, I did not find the G32 enjoyable for the range. After 3 or 4 mags it just felt punishing.

Mine is now up for sale: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=612441