close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 35??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by joebalama, Apr 11, 2004.

1. joebalama

joebalama

I saw a glock 35 in a pawn shop that I might be interested in. Can anybody tell me about the 35? Good price? Features?
    Any review would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Joe

2. Bannack

Bannack

I can tell you that the G35 is great, accurate and have had no problems at all.

From the information page on Autopistols: The G35 is the Glock 22 extended to "Tactical/Practical" (Government 1911) length, in .40 cal. The choice of discriminating American police for on-duty wear in uniform, the G35 is a favorite choice of shooters competing in "Limited" class in practical shooting matches.

I us mine in both IDPA and USPSA matches. ;+

3. SheluvsmyGlock

SheluvsmyGlock

I have the 35 in reg. and compensated, they both shoot great (Imagine that)-I havent done much with them other than new sights and Lasermax. They go for about $520 here add $25 for "C" models. They are great out of the box competition guns-But I usually go with the 34 for IDPA. One of Glock's great guns :cool: :cool:

4. Medford4

Medford4 Hired Gun

I didn't know Glock made any compensated 35s. I carried a G22 for 8 years, and recently went to a G35. I love the balance of it, and shoot it a lot better than I did my 22.

5. Shady

Shady Under the tree

It's my favorite. Fun to shoot, nice balance.

6. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

They don't. As you know the 35 has a "ported" slide.

I've had alot of people confuse this with a true compensated barrel.

The porting on the slide makes it lighter and quicker.

I've seen a few with after market compensated barrels but why bother. The gun shoots better than most are capable in it's stock configuration.

7. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

So, what are you waiting for? Buy IT! I love my G35. Shoots great close and far. I left mine 100% stock. How can you improve perfection^c

8. Dockem

Dockem Gun Poor

Just curious if anyone has had luck. Mine didn't like the Fire Dragon barrel I tried. FTE all the time, tried different springs. Gave up.

9. Ian111

Ian111

Just got back from shooting 100 rounds through my newly acquired G35. WhooHoo!!! What a great gun! I thought I'd wouldn't shoot anything more fun at the range than the SIG P220ST but the G35 is quickly becoming a contender as my favorite range gun. The adjustable Meprolight NS's that is on my G35 is really great; although the front sight is a little too fat for precise long range shooting. But still, the G35 is very forgiving; which is something I like in a gun. :)

Very excited and very pleased with this acquisition.^5 ;+ ;N ^7 ^c ^c ^c ^c

10. Paltog

Paltog

I had my G35 for about 4mos(got it from a buddy who owned it for about 11 mos.)...fired around 500 rds so far...no problem at all...its a keeper;f

11. deltaopwong

deltaopwong L.E. Member

Can anyone tell me if the G35 comes with the smooth or serrated trigger and if any of you guys are running a heavier spring such as a 20lb. spring on a SS rod. Thanks, Stan

12. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

Smooth trigger, no on the heavier spring...my baby is stock

13. Flatlander03

Flatlander03 StraightShooter

I have a 6" fire dragon compensated barrel as an aditional barrel for possible hunting applications.
    Fire approximately 300 rounds throught it with no F.T. anything, so far just as reliable as the factory barrel.
    Including my KKM 9mm standard conversion barrel.
    FTE just might be due to limp wristing.

Mine came with adjustable sights and smooth trigger.

14. deltaopwong

deltaopwong L.E. Member

Would you say the KKM 9mm conversion is as combat reliable and as accurate as the '34' or should I wait for a 'G34' upper to show up for sale? Stan

15. Flatlander03

Flatlander03 StraightShooter

Although I didn't compare nor have I shot the G34. My experience with the G35 with the KKM 9mm barrel was great.
    I also used an aftermarket High Cap Mag for 9mm.
    I would definitely feel safe using this combination in the combat mode. I am not a professional by any means, but rapid fire, slow fire what have you, I never had an indication where I would feel insecure with this combination.

Another good point I had noticed, with the G35 sighted in with the factory 40S&W barrel. The POA & POI were identical. No changes were needed to be made to the sights.

Another point would be the fact of grip size. I never handled a G17 or G34, but I would assume the grip would be better for smaller hands.

I like the G35 for the fact that I can convert to 9mm and 357sig. I understand the grip on the G20 is a bit larger, but you can covert from 10mm to 357sig, 40S&W and 9mm.